Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Socket outlet in bathroom

Thanks
    Using that logic it would be better not to install socket outlets anywhere. ALL socket outlets other than dedicated ones MUST have earth-leakage protection.
    Sometimes the bathroom is the only place with space for the washing machine, I have no problem with a correctly installed socket outlet in the bathroom.
    The consumer has an obligation not to be foolish/irresponsible when using electrical appliances.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkydelux View Post
    Would it be advisable to NOT have a socket outlet in a cabinet? Purely for the fact that when the appliance is in use it would be in the required zones. Therefore making it applicable! Its like saying its fine to have a plug in the cabinet,ok, then lets extend it with an extension lead. Now the power is extended from the outlet into the zones. Now lets replace the extension lead with a 1m cable and a 2kw hairdryer on the end of it. Still the same thing, still the same risk. So why would it be Ok for the socket to be deemed Ok in the cabinet?
    Would it be that much better if the wife blow-dries her hair in the bathroom, the blow-drier supplied via an extension cord from outside the bathroom, and the bathroom door jammed onto the cable?

It reminds me of how in the ooold days (before my time) multiplugs were illegal, but "christmas trees" consisting of a bunch of those 3-way 1x15A+2x5A adapters were okay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12