Hi all,

I recently got a referral from a friend to call this 5-man company who are having issues with e-mail's from SARS going directly into their junk e-mail folder as opposed to the Inbox folder.

Pretty straight forward solution right?

So I call up the company, informing them that I've been told by their ISP that they need IT help with this problem. ( Their ISP & I have an agreement. I do the IT work he refers to me ).

I speak to some end user employee & get confirmation that this is the problem all 5 end users are having. So I ask to be put through to the decision maker.

Small company so I spoke to the boss. I inform him that we can come out to fix the problem, and give him a verbal quote of our hourly rate. ( Extremely reasonable ).

After a long pause, he says, "No, I'm not giving the go ahead for you guys to come out & fix this problem".

Now my question is......WTF !

The guy has a problem. I quote him a REASONABLE price per hour, and he says no? Am I missing something here?

They obviously don't have their own IT support, otherwise they wouldn't ask their ISP if they knew someone who could help them.

What, did this CEO think we'd come out & do it for free?

What am I missing here? He STILL has the problem, but refuses to PAY for support??

Yes he could possibly get someone else that are cheaper. But the rate p/h I quoted him I highly doubt it.