Thread: ABSA overcharges for ATM deposits

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    I walked in and demanded to spoke to the person they called who on Wednesday helped me. She very helpfully phoned ABSA Card department about the wrong cash deposit fee. The amount I paid in is R 800-00 where the charge are supposed to be R 8-40 but they charged me R 12-15. Cash deposit fee over ATM is R 1-05 per R 100-00 or part thereof which gives R 8-40. Cash deposits over the counter is R 1-05 per R 100-00 or part thereof plus R 3-75 which gives R 12-15. So I paid for an over the counter deposit where I done it via the ATM. Stillnot correlating - the fee deducted was R 12-55. I am now checking all the cash deposit fees and none correlate with the official fee structure.

List of transactions:
    R 700-00 R 11-45
    R 400-00 R 8-15
    R 1000-00 R 14-75

I have now worked out that hey charge me the deposit fee for over the branch counter
    R 1-10 per R 100 plus R 3-75.

I do use one of the new ATM's where you input the cash into a slot instead of an envelope, but it is not correct as there is no fee specified for such a machine. For the R 1000-00 deposit it should have been R 10-50 instead of R 14-75.

I am going to ask ABSA to go back on my statement for at least a year and check and rectified every deposit.

I verified the fees via ABSA site.

The other issue about the ATM's not accepting deposits: I tried the deposits on Tuesday - it shows up on my statement three times because I tried different machines, two were immediately rectified, but the third one was not (this morning) - it has in the meantime been rectified.

Dave - maybe you can move it to the Whistleblower Forum? Thanks.
    Last edited by Chrisjan B; 31-Mar-11 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added detail

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer