It has arrived, you get so busy that you forget about the simple things like warranty documents.

Today I realized that I have quite a few outstanding Sunsynk warranty documents, for both new installs and additional battery installations, went to the Sunsynk website, warranty registration and found a brand new layout.

There are a few new additions, Like the plant photo which was optional, now you have to submit a photo of the installation, mmm this could get interesting, I suppose you could just take one of the pics of a site which is spaced correctly and submit the same pic for all your installations.

You have to submit the installers name, who would have to be qualified electrician other wise your warranty is useless, then there is now the COC for the site which must be submitted.

The property owners email address is now required and a copy of the warranty will be emailed to the property owner.

Is it going to change anything, I doubt it.

I think Sunsynk has burnt their finger 1 times too many and now going to be a little more strict with warranty claims.

As we all know, incorrect installations are the highest cause of inverter failures, the installer who tells their customer that a 5 kw inverter with a 1 x 5 kwh battery and 6 x 460 watt panels, can run the whole house, without splitting essential and non essential power are why there was huge backlog of faults repairs. If you live in a house and have a gas stove, a gas geyser, no aircons, no washing machine or tumble drier, no dishwasher, no vacuum cleaners, no air frier, toaster, kettle, coffee machine, pool pump, heater, iron and all the other high powered appliances, maybe you could get away with it.