Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
I got called out to a new client who had a paint mixer where the motor wouldn't start. The red phase had gone so i start tracing backwards to see where the problem is

In all my 20 years of being a sparky I don't think I have come across anything as retarded as this.....

And guess what.... It has a COC. I mean how many things can you get wrong in such a small space!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170523-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	999 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	6768
Go do a refresher course with the ECA or the like...then you will realise why the industry is so F^&%*.

I was called out yesterday to assist with a circuit breaker tripping problem. A new machine was installed and the breaker kept tripping...

A CBI curve 3...30 amp 3 ka breaker installed in a factory. These breakers are designed for DOMESTIC installations, not industrial. Mixing various ka ratings of circuit breakers is quick way of identifying that the electrician who is installing the breakers is clueless.

D...1 and 2 curve circuit breakers are NOT DESIGNED TO BE USED FOR A/C UNITS ONLY...yesterday when i advised the electrician that he had installed the incorrect breaker...his response " orange curve 1 breakers are only used for A/C units...BULLSHIT.

A message to all electricians.......if you work in an commercial or industrial environment go do your homework on circuit breaker selection before you make a fool yourself... Just like installing cables...running 2 cables is not always the solution to high current especially if the equipment is close to the transformer...the fault level has to be taken into consideration for both the cable and the circuit breaker.