Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
July 09
Samro settled the Brenda Fassie case out of court to avoid having their financials looked at. There was an issue of getting independent auditors and reviewers in their to scope them out, but all is quite since February this year. I do not know if there has been any follow up on this issue but it seems that samro is just there for samro, hucking all and small for a slice of their pie without offering anything in return. It would appear to be another parasitic organisation set up with good intentions but the smell of money has lured them on a different path.
I am so fed-up with all these (government?) organizations standing in a que to slurp up business profits. I pay a full SABC TV license and DSTV bouquet for every room with a TV in the guest house. Does that not cover music being played by these institutions? SAMRO insist I must pay them for every room with a TV. That can not be right? Even 'music on hold, radio station', is being slapped with a fee. I changed that to royalty free music now, but the TV's I can not get rid off.