Another interesting issue I have experienced in the last couple of weeks, connecting gas stoves and induction plates.

What's the big deal, just connect to the under counter oven or just join the wires behind the stove, nobody will see it, but can you that's the question.

If you install a gas hob and under counter oven is it safe to cut off the plug top and connect the cabtyre directly to the terminals where the 4mm or 6 mm stove wires are connected and is a certified gas installer allowed to connect the wire once he cuts off the plug or connect the cabtyre directly to the 4/6mm wire be it in a junction box or not?

I was put in a situation where we removed the hob and replaced it with 2 x induction plates, but there were no plug sockets to connect the plates, so I mounted a double socket outlet, connect the hob cable (4mm twin + e) into the socket outlet and fitted a 20 amp circuit breaker into the 4x4 extension box, cut a small slot so that just the breaker switch protrudes from the box. Trying to get a feed from another socket outlet to the hob location would have involved chasing walls in the dinning room and patching with the risk of damaging tiles in the R120 000 kitchen, which I wasn't prepared to take.