i purchased a house 3 years ago...and assumed everything was ok...there were a few issues like cracked walls...house required painting etc...etc... but accepted the house in the condition it was in...i did the coc and repaired all the items according to my faults list.

now heres were it starts getting interesting...more than a year after i moved in a building inspector arrived...apparently there had been some extentions and alterations to the exsisitng garage and outbuilding...so i enquired why the visit...he said he was doing a follow up check...so i let him in to inpsect the building and left it at that...then 1 year later he arrived again and requested to view the alterations...i let him in again and thought nothing of it..and so this has been going on ever since.

today he arrives at my gate again for about the 5th time...and now i am getting a bit weary as to why the visits...he tells me he just wants to have a look...i dont know what his intentions are but i will no longer allow him access...on the previos visits he stood at the vehicle and looked at the garage..and that was it...today he tells me he requires outstanding certificates...so i ask what certificates he is not sure but he knows some are out standing...

sorry mate...now i want to see ID...i want a formal request for outstanding documents...on a letter head issuesd by who ever is responsible for plansd etc.

he tells me that i as the new owner am now responsible for the outstanding plans and certificates.

apparently the building alterations were done more than 5 years ago...suddenly i am responsible for them...please advise.

the building alterations were completed before i purchased the property...there were no parts incomplete at the time of purchase.