Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV License

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    That's probably how I got on their hit list

Our TV licence has always been in my wife's name, but the DSTV subscription has always been in mine.
    Does this mean they are going to keep on hassling you, or have you resolved the issue with them ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Does this mean they are going to keep on hassling you, or have you resolved the issue with them ?
    They just don't respond.

They don't acknowledge receipt.
    They don't advise that they're looking into it.
    They don't advise you that they're resolved the issue.

You can call until you're blue in the face - the call centre folk can't help you. They tell you that someone will get back to you and no-one does.

That's why after two rounds of it, I've just documented the whole issue and I'm biding my time. If they actually try to action anything, I have sufficient evidence of their incompetence that I expect to be able to justify a healthy damages suite.

Or they might have resolved it and never bothered to let me know.

At this point - who knows?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My dad got an interesting call yesterday afternoon from the TV License offices. The person was rude and adamant towards my father so I took hold of the phone as I could hear him talking. I told him that we don't have account details at hand. He continued to demand money be paid or my dad will be blacklisted and other legal proceedings will follow.

Now I knew the TV License was paid. I PAID IT!!!. It was a lot too but he continued being arrogant I got angry and placed the phone down. He phoned back screaming at us to PAY!!!. I told him the next person I would be speaking to is his manager if he continues with his crap.

This got his attention, I then explained to him that I have paid, but this time around I got my slip stating the next payment is due at 2012 and that we have indeed paid in full according to our statement.

He continued stating my printed document was wrong and I need to make a payment now. I told him this document state that we are paid in full and I really couldn't care less because the document that was given to me by them state I need only to pay next year.

I then asked him to check his system, guess what the system is DOWN!!! and that he would phone me back next day. He never phoned back.

Now I am planning to make another payment on Monday and then I am going to phone him as he gave me his name and phone number at his work place. I will then continue to ask what the system is stating and confirm his story and then inquire why our documents have the wrong information on it. If he did give me false info and my previous statement was correct I will ask why we are being intimidated... Regardless The TV License offices need to wake-up!

Scenario 1> They gave me a false statement why? (I stand to be corrected but to give someone a false statement is illegal)

Scenario2? They intimidated my family why? (Intimidation in any form is illegal)
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    If u rent a tv you can buy as many tv,s as u want. The licence is held by the rental company.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i havent had a tv license for more than 10 years..after a visit from the sheriffs department to attach goods for non payment...i just went to the police station and had them make an affidavid indicating that i dont own a tv...havent heard from them since.

Thanks
    During divorce procedings more than 10 years ago i let my tv license lapse for 2 years ... two years ago the SABC collection contractors informed me of outstanding fees of over R5k.

After two years of demanding proof and requesting discounts, we all settled for me paying the original outstanding fee of around R200+ and that settled the whole issue.

Just keep them engadged while requesting consessions.

Kind Regards

Ben

Thanks
    I find lamenting on hellopeter works well. I've sorted out a problem with TV Licenses there, also about harassing about an account I don't have at Truworths and Autopage that kept on pestering me after THEY were the ones that did not cancel my contract.

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (13-Mar-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.