Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customised Forms for different entities in Pastel Partner

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Sorry I did not read the rest about the quote and purchase order, but the file names for these must remain the same as the originals and the customised form shoud have the .enz extention and lastly, the file must be copied into the company folder because that is the first place that Pastel will look for to find a .enz file

Hope this helps !
    Thank you very much Martin. you have been a great help!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Sorry I did not read the rest about the quote and purchase order, but the file names for these must remain the same as the originals and the customised form shoud have the .enz extention and lastly, the file must be copied into the company folder because that is the first place that Pastel will look for to find a .enz file

Hope this helps !

hi All,

thanks for your help. i have been working with pastel for years now however this is the first time forms designer is giving me the run around.

i have customized my .enz forms and named them correctly exactly as per pastels instruction, and some forms like the quotes and sales orders are pulled correctly out of the correct folder EXCEPT for the tax invoices that get emailed out at the same time that we print them. we have dot matrix printers that pull the correct CINVCCR.ENZ file but the emailed document that it sends to customers at the same time is being pulled from the custom forms folder. i don't understand why as i have cinvcpdfsp.enz labelled correctly. it should be pulling my desined form and not reverting to the custom folder.

help!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia A380 View Post
    hi All,

thanks for your help. i have been working with pastel for years now however this is the first time forms designer is giving me the run around.

i have customized my .enz forms and named them correctly exactly as per pastels instruction, and some forms like the quotes and sales orders are pulled correctly out of the correct folder EXCEPT for the tax invoices that get emailed out at the same time that we print them. we have dot matrix printers that pull the correct CINVCCR.ENZ file but the emailed document that it sends to customers at the same time is being pulled from the custom forms folder. i don't understand why as i have cinvcpdfsp.enz labelled correctly. it should be pulling my desined form and not reverting to the custom folder.

help!!
    Hi Alicia,

The problem is that you are mixing a Paper Style for a dot matrix printer with a Paper Style for an A4 emailed PDF layout. When you are emailing, the system is looking for a form file named cinvcpdfcr.enz which it cannot find, so it reverts to the custom folder.

If you were using single-sheet plain paper to print, as well as emailing, then you could happily use cinvcsp.enz (for printing) and cinvcpdfsp.enz for emailing, as they are both using the same Paper Style, as defined under File...Printer/Fonts.

I suggest that you create a new user profile in Pastel for emailing purposes, with the Paper Style set to plain single-sheet paper, and then the system will use cinvcpdfsp.enz.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Good day. I am new to the forum.
    I am very frustrated and busy going insane.
    Every other form prints except my Purchase order.
    Printer setup is correct. Default printer is set up. A4 is setup. still gives me error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.