i was listening to ECR this morning and heard about this...it is people like ashley arumugan who give us contractors a bad name and make i t difficult for us to request a deposit.

considering he has already been paid 90 % of the value ofht the quote over R130 000 into his bank account...this person should have to return the money so they can get a reputable company to complete the job which has a supervised team to complete the project.

i also blame the owner for paying over 90 % of the money and you can see that the job only look about 40 % complete.

i have thought of started a bussiness where we open a account like they do for lawyers where the money id kept by an independent company and paid out on proof of progress to the contractor...the customer would pay the full amount into the independent account and i would first check the progress before paying the contractor...this way the contractor knows the customer can afford to do the job and the customer knows the money is safe until the contract is completed...its a win win situation unless i run away with the money...which i wouldnt be able to do because it would require 3 siginitures to release any money from the account

http://www.ecr.co.za/kagiso/content/...-go-swimmingly