So now that I'm done with my exams, I am back to committing fully to my businesses! (Yep, holiday? What's that?! )
During our annual reassessment of the direction in which we are heading with our businesses, we've decided to sort of "reinvent" our purpose and image within the web and corporate design market.
Seeing as my passion is entrepreneurship and growing businesses, we've decided to realign ourselves with that niche/target market. We've adjusted our packages and marketing to better serve entrepreneurs such as ourselves. This change was inspired by a great book by Michael Port entitled "Book Yourself Solid", wherein he suggests working only with people who bring out the best in you, who share similar passions and interests and who don't rub you up the wrong way!
Our biggest move in this "rebirth" of Site Fusion has been to introduce a design package targeting this niche which is almost certainly unmatched by any design company in the country.
Our entrepreneurs/small business design package includes:
1) Our standard corporate design package: A logo, letterhead and business card design.
2) Our basic web design package (10 pages, designed in Joomla! to minimalise the need for the client to pay for extra labour from us in the long term)
3) 1 hour free maintenance on the site per month for a year and a free domain, provided the client hosts with us at R65 per month.
We offer this package (which, adding the individual value of each component of the package, totals R8900) for R4499.
We think this is great incentive for new businesses to get their image/identity out there. A website these days is most certainly a must! We offer this package to any business (even old ones) who wish to reinvent themselves/their image.
What I'd like to know from you guys is:
1) What do you think of the package?
2) Do you follow a similar process in your businesses, whereby you reassess where your business is going on a regular basis and adjust accordingly?
3) Do you target niche markets and attempt to become the best in your niche?
4) Do you think having one "special" such as ours at an unbelievably reduced price is a good method of driving in business in other areas too, via word of mouth etc?
5) Do you think all the above is just a whole load of hogwash and that none of it has anything to do with the success of your business?
The reason I ask these questions is to, firstly, organise things logically in my own mind while providing food for thought to other members of the forum and, secondly, gauge which of the information I've taken in recently is good and which of it is drivel (I try to read a lot of books/reports by "experts" in the various fields about which I am passionate).
Please provide your opinions!
(Also, Dave, at first this was meant to be merely a thread promoting our new package in the ads/spam *cough* forum, but I attempted to turn it into something informative and thought provoking instead. If you feel I failed miserably with that, please move it to the appropriate forum. )