Quote Originally Posted by JazzyB View Post
Hi,

I could have been behind with two months payments or less but definitely nothing more. Why was I not informed about the ABSA's intentions?
Banks do not inform you of their intentions, the moment you default they take a judgement and normally in the high court. When we buy properties we normally know about judgments before the owners do, simply because banks just don't give a fly about the consumers. That is the fact end of story. The sad reality is that they obtain a judgement against your name usually within the first or second month you default on your payment.

At my one house in Kdp, we stay on a corner stand. We didn't go to the swimming pool area for the entire winter, but one day I decided to go clean up at the bottom gate next to the swimming pool. There, nicely pushed into the walls waterhole I found a letter delivered by the sheriff, the irony was that the letter was addressed to someone else lower down the street with absolutely no resemblance in street name or number. Their house were auctioned off without their knowledge just a few weeks ago and they found themselves in the exact same situation.

The law simply doesn't make any sense to me and was without a doubt not thought through properly as it is simple to obtain a judgement without even having proper proof that a person owes the money.