Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: smokers!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Shortly after I posted this article on the Forum SA, my niece notified me that my nephew in London has once again found a malignant growth on his kidney. The doctors have stated it is curable. He is only 25.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I now can see why Dave says that this is not a religious site. I have to fully agree with him. I have made my point. I'll leave it there.

Thanks
    ....religion...defined as the greek word "religio"...meaning "Bond"....if this is not a site for humans with a bond with a God.....then I would have to leave you as "bondless"...and that in itself is rather harsh...so be nice to believers and bindfull fellow forum members irrespective of an individuals perception...reality rules!!!!

When you realize that your very "religio" / bond with your Creator gave you/them the understanding to comprehend the scientific knowledge that it is thus able to cure your niece, and how it is cured for the doctors performing the procedures, is from God himself, you will learn to repsect religion in all it's aspects.....and bear in mind He is present on this site and the WWW..you may have a positive day!!!!
    Last edited by Frankincense; 03-Nov-09 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks
    Just like to share that I am a smoker myself. Been smoking for nearly 19 years. Started when I was in the Police. About 2 months ago I was told by our doctor that I will have to stop smoking as I will definitely end up with emphysema. The x-rays clearly showed the damage to my lungs.

Since then I scaled down dramatically. Quit for about 3 days, then caved again. ATM I am on the e-sig, but it remains a battle as the e-sig simply aint the same as the real deal. All that I am used to, daily routines everything has changed. I hate the way it has enslaved me as it makes me feel pathetic at times.

In the time I have been a smoker I never once thought it was truly that dangerous, guess I simply made myself believe that it wasn't as bad. My parents both smoked so did my older brothers, one still does. There was always a reason not to quit. Now that the reason is real it is upsetting my life terribly and making my focus go completely haywire.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    ....spiritual health and physical health are 2 TOTALLY different animals.....cherish the spiritual needs Chatmaster...they are rare indeed....

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just for interest sake, when you, Francois, have the time please read this article.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-do-people-hate-God

Thanks
    ...just for God's sake: From your suggestion: "God is not asking you to understand Him but to obey and enjoy His presence amongst us."

Now why would you draw my attention to why people hate Him?

....so uncool.....

It's you who has issue with smokers..not me...

The infamous generalisation :"But have you noticed that smokers only smoke around non smokers to aggravate us."

@ BBBEE what what...."Hopefully He will tell me why soon."...make sure you listen and don't speak or post when spoken too....lest ye miss the mesaage...

Last edited by Frankincense; 03-Nov-09 at 10:44 PM.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Like I have already said. I am done with this subject. It has exhausted me. Its no longer my issue but the governments. They must sort it out as I am one person. Its also not my duty.

By the way: Just for interest sake, Are you a smoker?

Thanks
    @ anyone supporting BBBEE:

"Untill the colour of a man's skin matters no more than the colours of his eye's, it will be WAR"....Fire!!! ...yes,, this applies to legislation aswell....God bless the multicultural youth of Africa!!!! Selah!!!

Tetragramatton Rocks!!!!!
    Last edited by Frankincense; 03-Nov-09 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBEE_CompSpec View Post
    I now can see why Dave says that this is not a religious site.
    Maybe I should clarify that (not aimed at anyone in particular - just an expansion).

My departure point is religion is peripheral to the main theme. This does not mean it's excluded in conversation. For some members religion is an integral part of their being so some religious perspective is inevitable. I simply would not want to see it become the "battleground" of the debate. Francois's, yours and others' religious perspective does come through from time to time and that's just fine. It adds to our understanding of your paradigm.

Somewhere along the way I said that whilst we might not always agree with what someone else is saying, every perspective is valid and needs to be respected as such. It adds to our understanding of each other even if it doesn't pursuade us to another's particular point of view.

When you step back from detail, there is enough commonality across religions that for the main purpose of this site one's particular religious persuasion should not become a major issue. I'd really like to see it stay that way. Let's keep it to friendly sparring on the fringes, please.

@Francois - sharp as always, my friend. Fire, brimstone and smoke indeed
    Last edited by Dave A; 03-Nov-09 at 11:15 PM.

11. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (04-Nov-09)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast