Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Children get first mobile at average age of 8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No problems - maybe I switched on the cold shower too early.

It's actually a very interesting thread.

Thanks
    Ok here is how cell phones leads to a sucide of an 18 year old. Sun article

For my part what I do is not pay for any contract but include enough in my girls pocket money to but airtime on pay as you go. For phones when we upgrade we pass on the better phones to them. They know how to use the fancy phones. So this together with knowing what is right and wrong has worked for us.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Hiya Insulin, The way i see it, every opinion is valid in that it is exactly that, an opinion. Way i see it, what would the point of any of us being here if it wasn't other view points and opinions! BORING!
    Certainly the cell phone kids topic is a hot one ! I think its the fact kids are involved that it just becomes an emotional topic!
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    I like Ians ideas. I know there is another option with Vodacom, cant recall it's title where I could put my kids on my account number. Even with no airtime, they are able to call me or the selected numbers only. I think you can do 5 numbers.... Of course they could still get there own airtime i suppose But thats the same principle i use. R55 per month, no top ups, just call me's when its out
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks

Unhappy I will say it again!

Again the abuse of trust... The thing is phones are made to send and receive information. By design they are capable to do this without effort. The fact that the boyfriend wanted to get even after the breakup shows his intend. He wanted to attack her openly and disgrace her and did so by abusing the technology and her trust in him.

Content screening was a suggested technology back in 1997 where children will be registered on special chat systems and the parent will be given the ability to screen and control and intervene when needed. The child can then enjoy a safe chat and internet experience.

If this content screening technology is freely available to parents, then this sad event of Jessie Logan could have been prevented. Parents must demand this capability from the government and the government must force the mobile phone facilitators to comply.

I also want to point out that in 2006 a known criminal wanted to attack a woman in a public restroom. Fortunately she had her phone with her and was able to call for help. I can probably tell you how a mobile phone saved a family and many more such stories. Sadly only the bad things stick to memory and none of the good things.

The fact is technology is an enabler point plank. It will enable you to take photos and share them it will enable you to talk to people and get information from the internet. However technology is an enabler and if you want it to do bad things it will enable you to do bad things.

Thanks
    @Insulin...I'd like to commend you for your bravery in thought pattern and level of revelation.Never lose passion!

Starting this thread of youth and Cells would naturally progress to tracking and Banking slavery (Imagine folks thought it would end there?...lol) That's why they make mention of financial maturity kicking in earlier once the youth grab hold of the hosts(male Cells(cellphones)).

I so see what's coming...and am an enabler Myself..WTF?

Getting the youth accustomed to life perliferated with technological interfaces while we destroy the remaining wildlife camps 'coz the elephants have started humping the Rhino's, assists in what I always refer to as the final roll-out(enough already)...I personally don't expect any other Global movement at this stage to arise. Out with Real things, bring in the Virtual things....

Time will tell....Funny to see the elderly discuss issuing the youth with Cells and Web catchers as if it's negotiable...lol....it's something the youth will want and have...there is no stopping it

Agreed 100%...we dont see peeps changing the world for the better, or parents saying "No" to the beast of tracking/gridding rising! Any frustrations experienced when asking oneself why is it that somethings are meant to be...like the great flood of Noah, or the effects of Global Warming...no matter how many "poor" people cry out for change, prophesies have to come to maturity...and the catching of most flesh in the web of coding and technological nu6mb6erin6g is but a part of my yourthfull life at this stage....I too look forward to the post "coding/numbering" period of peace, but there's still quite a bit of work to do before it's really in full swing and finally over...(not sure I'd make it though - I love my accounts, ID Book Code, and all the other goodies that come with the "good" life...even my Omnia and my Extreme Gaming Rig..

This is so "ON TOPIC"....

Good to see you and Twinscythe reasoning...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Let us start with the small things you don’t know. First of the future is the past and what is coming is scary really scary. I am talking about technology that will not only monitor and control you. No I am pointing out that phones are a communication device. Do you know what your phone does when you press the little red button? Do you think it just hangs up at that moment? See I have installed a little thing called a RBS unit about sixty of them in one small aria. Do you know what a RBS is? Well if you Google it you will find that it is a Radio Base Station. It is capable to handle up to half a million and the new systems can handle a million calls without even knowing it. Now it translate that little radio signal from your phone into ha hardwire signal and then it runs into the Telkom back bone and route it to the closet RBS to the person that you are calling. Now in order for it the send the signal to you it needs to know where you are... So it knows where to find you so that it can deliver your SMS or voice. See what you don’t know is that it must be able to track you or you will not be able to get a signal. “Imagine that” The network knows where you are at all times when your phone is active. So is it really so inconceivable to think that a technology will soon exist that will be able to track you on a permanent basses do you really think it is that far in the future? Well hate to break it to you but when you press that little red button your pone doesn’t hang up immediately it sends out a signal known a last location thus the system has memory of your movement. This is possible now. I know I have worked with this technology for a long time. So...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The '60s - now in digital.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes something like that... In the movies they make you belief that it takes time to track your mobile. It is not true. The system needs to know where you are before it can connect to your mobile so you are being monitored right now. But only to give you your SMS or voice... So it is really a small jump from tracking you fulltime for other purposes... the technology exit it has existed for a long time but only now is computers powerful enough to track you in real time... now that is scary...

Thanks
    But is it precise? So right now my phone is at Lat: XXX by Long: XXX? I've always thought its a bit general for instance within a towers reception radius.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast