Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Haltrex Systems Scam?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Then pull out all the stops and enlist professional help to investigate the fraud. But if you take this type of action you need to have your ducks in a row. Accumulate evidence by recording phone-calls and just don’t accept anything they say or give! Also you can enlist the consumer council and get the newspapers involved. You can demand that the consumer council take them to court. If they are a no show then the court will take action against them. Trust me you do not want to mess with the court system they are relentless!

2. Thanks given for this post:

lindamareb (07-Sep-09)

Email problem
    Thanks

Haltrex is a scam!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenwhe View Post
    Has anyone encountered the issues with Haltrex Systems.

They seem to send out cartridges "sell" over the phone - so you don't have a contract with them just try their products for 30 days.

Then send you the invoice for those products they sent you to your post and say that the invoices it is a binding contract to continue buying if you pay them for the first cartridges.

The problem is that you did not have a contract with them because they sold you over the phone and never told you of this so called contract.

So if you pay them, you have a contract if you don't they sue you for not paying. So, as a consumer you are screwed anyway once they send you the ink.

Then they keep sending and you send back the ink, and they keep sending and you send back the ink, and they keep sending and then they start treating you to sue you if you don't order from them.

Anyone know about this?
    I'm sitting with just the same problem at present!! The guy, Dereck whom first called me to introduce the product to me, said that I could get the cartridges, only one of each colour (total of 4). I received them, paid for it and have not even used them.

Now another invoice with cartridges arrived - another 8!!! For goodness sake - that after I originaly was told that I would only receive 4. Now the same as the above problem is happening. You cant send them back, was offered to send half of the new order back - but what do I want to do with R1,600.00 worth of another cartridge order. Dont even print as much, yet used the first lot we got.

Please explain to me how these people get away with this. No contract what so ever was signed, nor was I origanally told that the cartridges would just be sent on a regular basis, and one must keep on paying!!!!

How do you get out of this????

Thanks
    You just don't seem to be getting this ....

did you sign an order for these items ? -- no

did you sign a contract to receive and pay for these items ? -- no

so where's the problem ? they are trying to scam you and you're just letting them.

if they phone you, just say 'no' and put the phone down.

if they try to deliver, refuse to accept the delivery.

if someone else signs for the delivery, just put the stuff in a cupboard until they phone. then tell them they can send their courier, at their cost, to collect their goods that you didn't order, from your premises. Any other questions you simply reply with a 'no' and hang up.

and NO, their invoice can NOT constitute a binding contract unless you have signed the contract.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still loved this one the best:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim P View Post
    It's cheaper to deliver 10 tonnes of sand and have it tipped out on their front steps / front door.
    Free sample. If you don't like it, just send it back (on the same terms they use, of course )

As an added twist, tell them there is a mystery gift voucher in there somewhere.

We can but dream...

6. Thanks given for this post:

Morticia (23-Sep-09)

Thanks
    Haltrex Systems has changed their name and are now trading as 'newtech' -web address: newtechint.co.za. Managed still by Tony ....(?).

I can but ditto all the previous complaints and am rather embarrassed to admit to also being scammed by them. Difficult to get one's head turned to start thinking like a thief, but I suppose that's what's needed to prevent this type of thing happening to one.

8. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (07-Oct-09), lindamareb (08-Oct-09)

Thanks
    Thanks! I discovered the name change - I suspect that that is all it is as it may have been getting hot for them. I am taking them to small claims court as they "sold" me a cartridge at three times the market price and it immediately disintegrated inside the printer and damaged my machine. STAY AWAY from these guys!!

Email problem
    Thanks

GET HOLD OF CONSUMER WATCH

Hi GUYS - GET HOLD OF CONSUMER WATCH - I can't lay a complaint against Haltrex as I have already been involved in an argument with them and they conceded and apparently removed me from their database and no longer want me as their customer. As far as I am concerned, I was never their customer!!

They sent me a sample ink which was THEM initiating contact with ME, at no time did I agree to become their customer.

FORUMITES - GET HOLD OF WENDY KNOWLER of consumer watch - she is very very effective, but in order for her really be aware of what has been going on, she needs to receive emails from you guys with FACTS. ]

Once she has facts and ammunition, we can then ask her to pursue the matter.

"Wendy Knowler" <consumer@knowler.co.za>,

Disclaimer - I am not an agent of Ms Knowler, and am not connected to her or her associates in any way.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim P View Post
    GET HOLD OF WENDY KNOWLER of consumer watch
    I think this has come up before. Has she published a story on this yet?

Another thought - Maybe someone should just send her a link to this thread

(I would, but some might say I've got a vested interest )

Email problem
    Thanks

IF YOU WANT WENDY'S HELP CONTACT HER DIRECTLY

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I think this has come up before. Has she published a story on this yet?

Another thought - Maybe someone should just send her a link to this thread

(I would, but some might say I've got a vested interest )
    Hello Dave, I have spoken to Wendy about this in a face to face situation and also sent her links.

Newspapers have to be very careful what they print, they need formal complaints, they need facts. I can't formally complain at this stage, because I fought back directly at HALTREX, who then backed down and resolved the issue I had with them.

So from a business level I have been "sorted out", however at a personal level I am still pissed at them and won't tolerate the verbal abuse and insults levied at me by anyone without reacting.

So putting this in a nutshell Ms Knowler has to obey certain legal protocol, which probably does'nt involve ferreting around website forums, because when a story goes to print it has to be substantiated.

For those of you who have been ripped off or defrauded, give Ms Knowler the facts and I am pretty sure she will follow up with action from her side.

It would be useful if forumites would email her within a short period of time, it's no use one email going off today and another in a month's time. Be proactive and email her en mass next week.

Regards

Tim

Thanks
    Thank you Tim. I have made contact with her and she said that she has some data on these people but that she needs more. She welcomed my contribution so I back your encouragement to others to send info. They are extremely sneaky and devious. They have wind that I am taking steps or may take steps. I placed a complaint on Hello Peter which they saw. They now pay lip service to "sorting out my problem". They have actually done nothing as yet to sort it out. Linda

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast