Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Amway/Network 21

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I believe that post has already been made.

Ok - I heard this morning that the Law Society is complaining that new law graduates don't have a grip on basic maths (or reading for that matter), so let me do the maths for you. Ignoring start-up costs as pretty much once-off, the relative monthly turnovers would be:

N21 turnover (Totals R686.67 per month)
    Monthly BBS meeting - R100
    Weekly meetings - R20 x 52 / 12 = R86.67
    Quarterly WES - R750 / 3 = R250
    Annual membership - R120 / 12 = R10 (I think that actually goes to Amway, but just in case)
    CEP - R240

Amway turnover (totals R1200 per month).
    Product sales - R1200

(I think it's reasonable to assume if you're "going all the way" on the N21 support program, you're going to spend this order of money on the product too).

Now here's your challenge - put that N21 package together for less money. Have you costed booking a venue for a convention lately, let alone all the other essential expenses required to make it an event?

Or bought any good books?

You probably should take a better look around TFSA. Very little spam but lot's of divergent opinions. Contrary opnions are encouraged - it's up to the reader to draw their own conclusions.

And on the subject of conclusions, here's mine on you:
    • You've made up your mind already (which isn't a problem - in fact, good for you ).
    • You shouldn't do Amway (I can guarantee you will fail).

You're welcome to disagree.

Let me help you with that, Rob. Just copy and paste this onto your list:

Code:
    Dave A (Got his own business opportunity going already and very happy with it).
    Will buy the toothpaste.

NEXT!
    I must say this recent spurt of activity in this thread had me pondering (once again) just what the crux of the Amway controversy might be. And a relatively new perspective came to mind -

When you look at the investment, it really is no big deal once you get to a level making lots of money. But getting to some small gain, like an extra R2000 per month nett - it's an absolute monster.

If all you are looking for is an extra R2k per month (and I've got a story to tell on this, but another time as it's getting late) there are other, more favourable options.
    The figures are right. The R686.87 is also tax deductable. The money my wife and I spend through the business ( personal care, home care, food, clothing, cellphone, short-term insurance, internet connection etc.) is money I would be spending anyway and it costs less than buying it in the store. With the odd handbag (which my wife considers vital) and clothing items it is always a lot more than R1200. As to Dave A not succeeding you've got to consider the number of old Distributors coming back into the business and now making a go of it.
    Got you going there didn't I, Dave A?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hepple View Post
    As to Dave A not succeeding...
    ?

Nice try

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi

I went to a Amway seminaar last night and am interested as to know how you started. I have spoken to other individuals who are very negative and believe you have to sell Amway product to become successful. How much time did you commit per week to Amway

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck! This appears to be a scheme and not a business. Why do members try to get you to presentations without telling you up front that they are trying to recruit you? Why do you have to go to a venue to sit through a high powered marketing presentation without being introduced to the products or the actual company behind all this? Money is the main motivator. This is no doubt a pyramid scheme with some benefits to some people, but the poor suckers still pay! Why is everything so secretive (is it because it is American like the Klu Klux Clan)? If we all buy these American products online, what will happen to our South African businesses and the people working for it? I will appreciate if any one has more information to share, but on face value this does not appeal to me.

Thanks
    Hi Brelin.
    Well done for going to the presentation yesterday. Are there negative people out there? You had better believe it. 99.9% do not have a clue what they're talking about. We DO NOT sell Amway products to become successful. I usually spend between 7 and 12 hours per week building the business. If you need more information about the business speak to the person who invited you to the meeting. Network 21 is the best adult business education system around and Amway is far and away the best network marketing system in the world. Turnover for 2010 was a little over 9.2 billion dollars (more than 66 billion Rand). They've been helping people to start their own business' for 51 years. Just do it. It's worth it.

Thanks
    Hi Blurock.
    I'm inviting you to an Network 21 meeting. You live in Durban and so do I. I'm sure you will find it informative.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Rob, I've been to one - hence the comments. Why did they not tell me up front of the costs involved? Attending weekly & monthly meetings? No one told me about that. Only picked it up on this thread. And you have to pay for listening to someone jabbering on a cd - Monthly! I am happy in my business. I will never get rich, but I do have the satisfaction of mentoring some entrepreneurs to success and adding value to their business. Everything is done in the open with no hidden agendas. I do not think I will be able to perform in a structure such as Amway.

Thanks
    Hi Blurock.
    Could we meet sometime this week. Definitely will not try to get you into the business. I'm sure you'll be open to listen to the truth.

Thanks

Clarity is required - what are the central issues?

I'm not an MLM critic, although I do strongly criticise the poor practices that abound in the industry. There are some excellent MLMs out there and they are excellent because they operate by the MLM Code of Ethics, they pass due diligence, and people in them earn money.

In assessing Amway, as in assessing any opportunity, your due diligence should mean finding out how many levels up from you are people actually earning any significant money from sales of consumable product (not from forced purchases of motivational material).

Also, in the leveraged business model, the bulk of your earnings will be in the "back end", that is 4 or more levels below you. If Amway is only paying on 3 levels, statistically you can see quite clearly that you will earn around 10-100 times less than a company paying 4 to 6 levels deep.

I recommend everyone here grab a copy of the book "How to Make More Money" available free from Smashwords so that when you're evaluating any business, especially including an MLM, you do so with your eyes wide open and ensure you get the best possible financial return for your time and effort.

Now in addition to this people must realise there are upfront costs in any business, and there are ongoing costs. In most MLMs these are ridiculously small compared to traditional business. And, within 3 months these should be completely covered by earnings, IF you're following a proven, duplicable system.

Ongoing training, support, and mentoring will also be required, NO MATTER YOUR BACKGROUND. In most cases this is free or almost free and in my opinion someone who doesn't soak up as much as humanly possible of this is not going to make it. There is a learning curve.

If you just do this, and you've chosen a company that has consumable products that people actually do want, and can't get elsewhere, then you have a good chance of succeeding in terms of maybe earning a few hundred or a few thousand dollars a month.

However if you want the really big money, as in tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands a month, that requires more advanced skills, particularly in terms of teaching and mentoring others, and manufacturing power lines (money lines). It also means becoming a leader of leaders, stepping up in terms of personal development, reaching new levels of disciplined thought and disciplined action.

None of this is easy, but the rewards are out of all proportion to the effort applied. I can tell you that it's a very rewarding life, on every level, far more than just financially.

10. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (07-Mar-11)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the invite Rob. I think its only fair to first speak to the guys who introduced me.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast