Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PV Suppliers?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I agree with both of you, another problem is also that people store paints and chemicals in their garage. Last week I worked on an installation where they had a setup installed last year and the people thought it a good idea to store corrosives beneath the inverter. Needless to say everything is corroded and they can kiss their warranty goodbye
    Hopefully you noticed that the BMS comms between battery and inverter was missing , panels missing centre clamps , rails missing roof truss brkts , PV wires forcd between roof tiles the list is endless - The warranty was gone long before that and it will not be the first one that has popped in that complex due to over paneling and incorrect setting up

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The user/lessor is responsible for the electrical installation. Once you have signed off the COC the responsible person must take responsibility for their actions, if they going to store all the fuel for the mowers and weed eater, off road bikes and boat etc. You will not be held responsible. Its called common sense. If you install the battery lower than 1.2 m and dont fit mechanical protection for the battery, knowing the vehicles park in the garage and the customer drives into he battery and it burns the house down, then you could be held responsible for your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I agree with both of you, another problem is also that people store paints and chemicals in their garage. Last week I worked on an installation where they had a setup installed last year and the people thought it a good idea to store corrosives beneath the inverter. Needless to say everything is corroded and they can kiss their warranty goodbye
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12