Thread: The silly euro plug solutions

Platinum Member
    Thanks

The silly euro plug solutions

Check it out, it doesn't even work in the UK, they also have to cut off the 3 pin plug to connect appliances.

Lets hope they scrap this silly reg when the new regs are released, hopefully the idiot who came up with the reg has left the building.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6tVKvAtLWJ/?hl=en
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Saw that as well. What I have seen is out in the silky SA plug thing then do CoC then the client changes it... Need to tell China to make out plugs now too

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I do the installation as the customer requests and sign the COC, I am yet to have someone challenge me on the silly plug.

You cannot enforce rules unless you change everything related to it, the only appliance with a silly plug according to GCE is the extractor fan. I have just completed a full kitchen revamp, the only place I fitted a silly plug was for the 230VAC commax intercom. Have you tried to push a 2 pin plug into a silly plug? you need a hammer to break the flaps, which then makes it non complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylboy View Post
    Saw that as well. What I have seen is out in the silky SA plug thing then do CoC then the client changes it... Need to tell China to make out plugs now too

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.