I am the only one who is sitting in the office trying to work out how the Vat got to that amount for Feb/March.

I think this is a major problem for many small businesses, where you get up in the morning and just work day in and day out, week after week and then you get the call, your vat for this month is xyz and there is a moment of silence.

You open your bank account and look at the balance and go, ok how on earth are you going to find that amount of money. I have even tried opening and account just for the vat bill, but money goes in and it comes out and its strange how when it is time to pay the vat, well that amount that was set aside has ended up back in the business to keep your head above water.

This people could be why you need to understand why people have accounts with companies, overdraft facilities and that kind of stuff, cash flow. We live and learn , you would think by now over 30 years of doing this I would have leant by now.

Fortunately for me, I have a person who does the books who I believe I can trust this time (not like the other person who stole R10 000, ran away leaving me with an R85 000 bill for sorting out my taxes, as he sits in some retirement village) and is doing his side of this above board. You never want to get on the wrong side of SARS. They dont write off bad debts, they just keep hounding you and increasing the outstanding bill by the day, when you wipe the shyte out your eyes the bills can grow by tens of thousands, trust me I made that mistake in the past.