Thread: Sunsynk new warranty document

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Sunsynk new warranty document

It has arrived, you get so busy that you forget about the simple things like warranty documents.

Today I realized that I have quite a few outstanding Sunsynk warranty documents, for both new installs and additional battery installations, went to the Sunsynk website, warranty registration and found a brand new layout.

There are a few new additions, Like the plant photo which was optional, now you have to submit a photo of the installation, mmm this could get interesting, I suppose you could just take one of the pics of a site which is spaced correctly and submit the same pic for all your installations.

You have to submit the installers name, who would have to be qualified electrician other wise your warranty is useless, then there is now the COC for the site which must be submitted.

The property owners email address is now required and a copy of the warranty will be emailed to the property owner.

Is it going to change anything, I doubt it.

I think Sunsynk has burnt their finger 1 times too many and now going to be a little more strict with warranty claims.

As we all know, incorrect installations are the highest cause of inverter failures, the installer who tells their customer that a 5 kw inverter with a 1 x 5 kwh battery and 6 x 460 watt panels, can run the whole house, without splitting essential and non essential power are why there was huge backlog of faults repairs. If you live in a house and have a gas stove, a gas geyser, no aircons, no washing machine or tumble drier, no dishwasher, no vacuum cleaners, no air frier, toaster, kettle, coffee machine, pool pump, heater, iron and all the other high powered appliances, maybe you could get away with it.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    How do make sure your customer will be covered by the warranty:

I would suggest you do the installation correctly, using the correct spacings as laid out in the installer manual, hence a picture of the installation is required.

Make sure you are aware of who is going to sign off the installation ( part of the warranty claim requires a copy of the COC), the person who is going to sign off the project is required to oversee the project and verify that it is done correctly during the installation. So if you never see the person how can they sign off that the installation is reasonably safe ? Dont forget you as the user is responsible for the installation, so best you make sure this are done right.

Dont over load the inverter, in other words make sure that if you are going to install a 5 kw inverter to backup you entire house, make sure you put measures in plan to protect the inverter, overloading the relay is one of the most common problem with warranty claims.

using a company which is not sub contracted via some company with a desk and internet connection on a short term lease, we a large chunk of money being outlaid, 5 -10 year warranty, not 6 months.

Just because someone has done something 50 times doesn't make it right, I have installed a fair share of inverters and still learning. The companies in this for the long term are going to be kept busy for a long time fixing all the illegal installation. At some point you will have to get that systems installed in your garage or kitchen sorted out and bought up to standard.

When a team arrives on site, you can always see if the company is worth it salt, they will produce all the correct qualifications for the staff on site, they will have all the correct tools and equipment in the van, they will have all the safety gear required to complete the task. This is becoming a huge problem on site, where staff are dropped off with out all the correct, then harass other companies on site for tools and equipment, which delays our team and creates temptation for theft. I nip this one in the bud within minutes of it happening other wise it becomes a huge problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Requirements for South Africa Only

South African customers are required to submit a Certificate of Compliance, containing both pages displaying the Electrical Conformance Board document. Failure to provide this documentation may result in the warranty being voided.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    This is what happens when nobody really knows what they are doing, the people who are suppose to be policing the industry, appoint a private company to police the industry, who go around sharing what could potentially be dangerous information on social media groups.

Then we have a bunch of associations trying to control an industry that they themselves dont seem to be qualified to control, due to the lack of skills and experience.

Then we have the people charging thousands of rands for basic 2-3 day training course to unskilled people off the street, offering them a card which is about as worthless as the last piece of paper you used to wipe your crack, then find a contact in the metro or insurance companies and try force it onto the public, because the public are so gullible and dont have anyone to turn to for support.

The sad part, we are ALL (anyone smart enough to do anything solar related, from a 1 man operation with a desk and the internet to large scale ) literally making millions even billions, who cares about a couple million people who are no stuck with these illegal dangerous installations which according to social media will blow up and burn your house down at any point and will not be covered by insurance and will not be covered by the manufactures warranty because the installation was not done correctly by suitably qualified installers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post