Thread: eThekwini domestic solar registrations

Platinum Member
    Thanks

eThekwini domestic solar registrations

I have a solar system installed on my house, do I have to register the system with eThekwini?

Who is responsible for registering my system?

Me the customer or the installer or the electrician who signed the COC? (Lets face it everyone is doing installation and getting people to sign them off, so lets not waste time going there, this thread is about registering the system)

Let me start by saying, there have been a lot of changes to the eThekwini website with regards to solar power since I last checked the site. I would suggest you visit the website and catchup.

There is now an energy section

https://www.durban.gov.za/pages/residents/energy-office
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    With over 4000 people registered... I wonder how they registered if the link doesnt work?

http://www.shisasolar.org.za/
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    IF you have the correct links and contact details of people who deal with this at eThekwini, please share them.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    IF you go to Residents - then to electricity services - new electricity services - Connection to the grid - connection to the grid you will find a section.

I wish you luck trying to email to that email address.

https://www.durban.gov.za/storage/Do...tion_Forms.pdf

Come on eThekwini, you can do better

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    As I have mentioned in the past on more than one occasion, when are they going to roll out the public awareness program, with hundreds of thousands of systems already installed and not registered, how are they going to deal with all the unregistered systems?

Do they plan on offering a grace period to register, how long is it going to be and what penalties and fines are going to be implemented? Nobody seems to have any answers?

Will you have to back pay from the date your system was installed?

Why is radio stations like East Coast Radio not getting on board, they discuss important matters with the Mayor, yet everyone is very quiet about solar registration. I message the radio station to enquire about it, I am still waiting for a response.

Is everyone hoping it might just go away, or is it going to be turned around and suddenly the public (customer) going to get burnt.

Some say the solar market has gone quiet, hence the massive price reduction (even though the exchange rate hasn't dropped, the excuse used for massive price hikes, when the demand was so high) I am gearing up to to start pushing solar sales and installs.