Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunsynk customer service

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    the 40w from the grid is to stop the prepaid meter from tripping
    The 40W is also used for the inverter to identify that the grid is active and for synchronizing
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    The 40W is also used for the inverter to identify that the grid is active and for synchronizing
    Standard type setting that they come with is 20w - we find that we have to set to 40w for older prepaid and set to 80w for new conlog prepaids as when there is quick change in load the prepaid trips

We find on Tesla , even though feed back is not selected the sensitivity of the prepaid meters is that it trips - We have to put a load on the grid side to absorb the suddenly change

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Standard type setting that they come with is 20w - we find that we have to set to 40w for older prepaid and set to 80w for new conlog prepaids as when there is quick change in load the prepaid trips

We find on Tesla , even though feed back is not selected the sensitivity of the prepaid meters is that it trips - We have to put a load on the grid side to absorb the suddenly change
    Was not aware that one could program the minimum power on the Sunsync.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Cant get into Sunsync now but on the Deye it is under System work mode and called " Zero Export power"

Thanks
    Must apologise to Isetech for hijacking his thread but seeing that feeding back into "my" grid was explained, there's still something that I'm grappling with to understand.

Ok, so my db is split into essential and non essential. Inverter ( real hybrid ) feeds the essentials. Now any eccess power generated by the panels can be fed to the non essentials without loading the inverter.

My question is. How does the excess power from the panels (dc) get converted to 230vac and feed the non essentials without going through or loading the inverter ?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Maybe this will help you make a decision:

I can supply you the equipment, the prices must be good because I supply other contractors and I have family I need visit where you live .

I have done a fair amount of research and completed a number of installations, dont need the manual anymore and you have my direct number.

The tech support has improved to a point that I feel comfortable, giving them 9/10, why only 9/10, there is still room for improvement, which I am sure Keith will get sorted out.

The only downside to Sunsynk at the moment is brand specific training, I have had to learn the hard way, which I like because I get to learn more than the people who dont experience any challenges. They need to up their game if they want to stay ahead of the rest.

Some might say Deye is a better product, if you havent figured that they come out of the same factory, same prices and the same tech support, I am on all the support groups, if you dont offer proper training you gonna end up with 10 000 messages on groups asking the same question over and over, lots of warranty claims. Some might say you can watch all the videos, I dare to to try stay awake longer than 2 videos. I have watched all the videos (every single one) and read all the manuals more than once and still asking questions.

Some might say there is another product which is the Rolls Royce of inverters, I am not convinced.

One important piece of advice, which every brand you select, dont mix products. I have customers who saved a few pennies buying other brands of batteries and mixed with Sunsynk, DONT. If you do decide to go Sunsynk make sure you buy a Sunsynk battery. We only install Sunsynk IP 65 5.1 kwh batteries, rack and stack them. Some will say the 5.1 is a C0.5 rated battery and the Sunsynk 5.3 kwh is a C1 battery, burnt once, twice shy.

If the design is correct, installation is done properly, parameters set correctly, circuits split as required to prevent overloading, you going to wonder why people complain about load shedding and save a few bucks. We hardly ever install systems for load shedding anymore, now it is more about saving money.

Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Will I be doing myself a mischief buying one ?
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Must apologise to Isetech for hijacking his thread but seeing that feeding back into "my" grid was explained, there's still something that I'm grappling with to understand.

Ok, so my db is split into essential and non essential. Inverter ( real hybrid ) feeds the essentials. Now any eccess power generated by the panels can be fed to the non essentials without loading the inverter.

My question is. How does the excess power from the panels (dc) get converted to 230vac and feed the non essentials without going through or loading the inverter ?
    The " excess power " from solar is fed back on the same line/terminals that mains power is fed into the inverter

On the grid side it has to have grid to follow , it cannot create grid and will only fed in and supplement " eskom power"

For us sparky' s it is a difficult concept to understand but it does work

Thanks
    Thank you, brother. So this can only happen when there is Eskom grid available.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Go to system mode-grid trickle feed.

I have a bunch of Sunsynk plants on my profile that I mange, if any of the regulars on this platform need help with Sunsynk or want to me to log into your plant, I sort of have an idea what how to setup the Sunsynk units. I dont do parallel units and dont plan on doing any.

Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    You have my number, if you need advise or a good price for Solar panels, inverters or batteries, I dont forget people who do nice things for others, my new hydraulic crimper works a lot more than I even expected, perfect for all the battery terminals we make up.

I have a supplier in your area. they just dont do solar panels deliveries unless you buy a pallet. We just hire a trailer and collect.

By the way I got the new price list this morning, there has been a another decent price decrease again.

Something to note, I am trying to get the bank to give me a few hundred thousand so that I can buy my system and install it before the elections. they say we are only going to go to stage 2 after the elections, and load shedding was to be sorted out by 2009.

People say that the service delivery is due to the elections, I am wonder if the it not more about trying to get as many tenders started before the elections, so that payments can be made ASAP, even if it is just partial payments for projects.

I have never seen so much grass cutting, road repairs, freeway bush cutting, lines being painted etc in the past 16 years that I have lived in this area

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast