Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunsynk customer service

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Sunsynk customer service

I must say things are certainly improving. As I am sure you have read in the past, I have had nothing good to say about Sunsynk support, their technical support was bad.

I found a magnetic (ferrite) ring inside the inverter box this weekend, while doing an installation. Something I have never seen inside the box before (or should I say never noticed). The ring is used to prevent interference. My question was do I have to install the ring, does tit affect the inverter warranty (really that is all that matters)?

Logged into my Sunsynk plant list, click on top right corner (application center), then customer support and enter, 3 seconds and I got a response, typed in my enquiry and within 5 minutes the query was resolved.

I am impressed.

Anyone can use this support, customer or installer.

If you use the app on the phone, go to me, tap application center, customer support, tap enter and type your query.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Ya they have upped their service levels.
    Haven't come across a ferrite ring yet - what do they say one has to do with it?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    It was found inside the Sunsynk inverter box last week, it is mentioned in the installer manual.

It is used to reduce interference, you wrap the battery cable twice through the ring. I dont know how you would get 2 x 50 mm battery cables looped twice through the ring and still get it into the terminals inside the inverter.

The small ring is for the BMS comms cable, same thing. just you wrap it 4 times.

I have read of people experiencing noise on ham radios, maybe that would reduce the interference, I have never tried it.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I have a lot bad things to say about Sunsynk technical support, today I had to go to one of the sites I manage, due to a complete shutdown with an alarm.

Because we haven't had load shedding for 23 days, I have made a few adjustments to all the sites, unfortunately one site had a major power problem in the area, so it has been off for a couple of days and we because haven't had any sun for a couple of days, the batteries dropped below the thresh hold. I made a few adjustments to get the system back on line, unfortunately that didnt work, including a factory reset, which also didn't work, resulting in a tech support call.

Called technical support, got a ticket emailed with a couple of minutes, the call was transferred to a technician in SA. Gerrie ran through why the system would not switch on, gave me a ton of information about the batteries.

Kudos to Sunsynk support, you guys have certainly improved your tech support.

I give you 10/10 for the support today.

Thanks
    Will I be doing myself a mischief buying one ?

Thanks
    My previous post disappeared.

I've heard from more than a couple of installers that they are going for Luxpower inverters. The motivation seems to be price.

Will I be doing myself a mischief buying one ? 5Kw 10 grand.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    My previous post disappeared.

I've heard from more than a couple of installers that they are going for Luxpower inverters. The motivation seems to be price.

Will I be doing myself a mischief buying one ? 5Kw 10 grand.
    I talk under correction - The Lux Power is an off grid inverter and so you do not have the advantage of "feeding back " within your grid to non essential loads with PV during the day when there is excess solar.

So , the price is attractive short term , but long term savings it is better to go with a full hybrid that can feed essential loads and use excess solar to feed " your grid " for lack of a better terminology

Thanks
    Thank you brother.

I've also heard that here in our valley, there are clients with large solar systems who are so disillusioned with the tariff structure here that they have instructed their respective installers to set up the system so that it doesn't feed back.

I'm going to dig a bit deeper to come up with figures as to why they would choose that option.

I know so far that irrespective of the system size, 20A per phase is the maximum that is allowed to be fed back and the rebate is R1 / KWh.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Thank you brother.

I've also heard that here in our valley, there are clients with large solar systems who are so disillusioned with the tariff structure here that they have instructed their respective installers to set up the system so that it doesn't feed back.

I'm going to dig a bit deeper to come up with figures as to why they would choose that option.

I know so far that irrespective of the system size, 20A per phase is the maximum that is allowed to be fed back and the rebate is R1 / KWh.
    There is feeding back to municipal grid and applying for net metering etc and then there is feeding back to your own grid only

When I refer to feeding back o your own grid - on the inverter we put tv,router , alarm , lights and a socket for charging - that will be essential load (UPS) and be battery backup when load shedding occurs .
    Feeding back into your grid to supplement grid the solar will at least supply power to fridge , geyser , wash machine etc without actually loading the inverter

Where you are feeding back to your grid an overload on the grid side cannot damage the inverter as the inverter will only give out excess between the inverter and the CT that you place at mains
    On the example below - Sun is capable of producing 3.32Kw - on an offgrid it will only feed battery and UPS load and you would be " wasting " the chances of using the other 750w of electricity - Because this is a true hybrid and can feed back onto his grid it allows the extra solar to feed fridges , oven , microwave etc without running the risk of overloading the inverter
    the 40w from the grid is to stop the prepaid meter from tripping

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grid tie example .jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	8912

Thanks
    Thank you, brother.
    I've still got a lot to learn about inverters. 👍👍

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast