Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunsynk customer service

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    It has become such a pleasure dealing with Sunsynk tech support.

Today I needed help with something, logged into Sunsynk.net - go to application centre - customer support - start a live chat and bingo within a couple seconds you get a response.

If they cant help they redirect to the people in know.

They get 5 stars for the awesome service.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Thanks
    @ Isetech. Not ready to buy yet. Still checking prices. For me the main motivating factor is price. It does seem as far as solar is concerned, the longer one waits, the cheaper they become.

I only work with cash, so price is important. Today I got a price of R2700 inc vat for 545W panels. I remember not so long ago they were 4K a piece, so it seems that the longer one can hang in there and survive without an inverter, the cheaper it's going to be eventually when the decision is made to buy.

Pressure was put onto a couple of my friends by their wives to install systems so they went out, made loans and obliged. Fortunately I'm married to a boeremeisie who completed all her studies with the light from candles and parrafin lamps. She knows how to survive without having electricity and has passed those skills over to me. Yep, they are skills. The first time her parents had an electrified house was after we got married and I decided to surprise them and arrived on the farm with everything needed to electrify the house. 3 days later they had power and her father made it quite clear that he was not impressed. It cost him an absolute fortune to go out and stock up on electrical appliances.

I feel guilty to this day. I don't think he ever forgave me.

Anyway, sorry for the essay. Just wanted you to know that I've got the cash, but ain't in a hurry at the moment.

BTW, I'm still battling to understand how the inverter can take the excess dc from the panels and add it to the AC input without it first being inverted to AC. I'm digging and won't stop until I understand how it works.

Chow for now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post

BTW, I'm still battling to understand how the inverter can take the excess dc from the panels and add it to the AC input without it first being inverted to AC. I'm digging and won't stop until I understand how it works.

Chow for now.
    Check this How To Convert DC to AC | Direct current Inverting | 3D Animation, you can fast forward to approximately 4 minutes where it really starts getting interesting, if you already understand AC and DC. Unfortunately there may be some advertising at the start.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Thank you, brother. So this can only happen when there is Eskom grid available.
    Yes it only happens on grid present

It is basically being converted from DC to AC and then " fed" to the grid - It is not being " drawn" from the inverter

On the essential side the inverter has to supply the load and that load will determine the current and if the current is over the capabilities of the inverter it will trip

On the grid tie size - the inverter will only feed back excess power , it is not really worried about the load - the load will demand from the grid

Thanks
    Ok brother. Now I eventually understand. I'm a slow learner, but once I understand it, I very seldom forget.

What I was grappling with is the fact that the inverter does not take that excess into account as far as it's overload limit is concerned. I found that difficult to understand as the inverter is still inverting that excess dc before sending it to the grid.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I cannot think of anything more frustrating than dealing with a technical support centre that has unskilled people in that field, and every time you ask a question they put you on hold while they ask someone else for the answer.

This is why I make sure I figure out who the people are who know their stuff.

I opened a chat with Sunsynk tech the day before yesterday, advised the person of the issue and they requested the SN and gateway key, a couple minutes later the problem on the one site was resolved, I was then informed that the others would take a while to update.

So today I opened the app on the phone and imagine that, "NO DATA" , I opened another chat and asked the same question, shared the SN and gateway key, this time I was told that they cannot resolve that type of issue and I would have to contact Susnynk.org
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    What I have learnt about IP 65 5.1 kwh Sunsynk batteries:

1/ All the battery data is visible right down to cell level, state of the battery, number of cycles etc.

2/ You can get firmware updates done online, the same people who do the inverter firmware upgrades, can also upgrade the battery firmware on line.

3/ IF you go to the sunsynk app - equipment - battery you can see every detail about your battery, including the firmware version and everything else you need to know about the battery.

4/ If the the battery info is not displayed on the app under equipment, then you need to log into Sunsynk.net go to application centre, then customer support, open a chat and request they authorize to link the batteries to the plant. It should be done within a couple of minutes, if not you are in for a bit of head banging.

5/ I would suggest you get the installer to make sure the data is visible before they leave site, it should only take a couple of minutes if it doesn't load automatically.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123