Thread: Pastel AGAIN! V19

Thanks

Pastel AGAIN! V19

Good Afternoon to all,

I need a little Help. I'd like to say again.... but at this stage I feel Like I always need help with this Darn Product. After many an issue with the Pastel Server revoking Access rights to the shared folders even after multiple fresh re-installs of windows etc... My server (looks like an MS issue) would just randomly revoke access rights to the Shared folders when ever the machine rebooted or the power went out, and a quick windows rollback sorted the issue as per my previous post. I eventually just gave up and removed the machines Internet Gateway. And as suspected it was all being caused by Windows updates.

Today However, I come with new challenges which may or may not have to do with corruption or loss of files during this time of struggle...

It seems like we are short on quite a few stock items from inventory. We have a suspicion that this is due to Human Error more so than System failure, as we would be short ALLOT more if I had lost data during the period of Struggles mention above.

From time to time stock is released/Dispatched on Pi, (This is our first mistake) to be converted to INV on the Turn of the new month. PI documents which are not intended for dispatch are deleted from the system as to not over clutter. Problem is that I have a feeling that the Wrong PI documents were mistakenly deleted and never converted to Invoice. If I am not mistaken this would revert "Quantity Sales Order" in the Inventory check back to 0 meaning that we would just plain never find and issue.

I have run a detailed Ledger on the customer codes that I suspect however this only shows Invoices / Credit notes.

Is there any way to locate PI Documents that were removed in order to weed out if this might have happened. I understand that the Detailed ledger would display any deleted Invoices which has also happened quite recently however any details pertaining to the invoice other that the invoice number is completely Inaccessible.

Am I missing something or am I (for lack of a better word) Just Screwed...

Thanks
    Unfortunately there is no audit trail in Pastel of Sales Orders (or PI documents as you call them) that have been deleted, intentionally or by mistake.

The only audit trail for Sales Orders is when they have been linked to Tax Invoices, in which case the Tax Invoice is cross-referenced to the Sales Order number.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

3. Thanks given for this post:

Quin8905 (03-Nov-22)

Thanks
    Thank you Neville.

Seems you are always first to answer. In many Cases also last. Seems I am a little bit in the soup then. Ill have to go check if the invoice clerk has by any chance kept copies of Sales Orders somewhere and check if they were all indeed Converted.

I have much Doubt. But thank you again. Are you by any chance an integration Partner?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin8905 View Post
    Are you by any chance an integration Partner?
    Not sure what you mean by this?

Thanks
    Sorry I see how my question does not make allot of sense. what mean to ask is if you are in the position where you are able to recommend and sell Pastel package/Software solutions as a Reseller & service provider?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin8905 View Post
    Sorry I see how my question does not make allot of sense. what mean to ask is if you are in the position where you are able to recommend and sell Pastel package/Software solutions as a Reseller & service provider?
    Yes, I am a Sage Pastel Partner reseller and consultant.

Thanks
    Excellent,

We are looking at changing our Software up a little. I will drop you a mail some time. We want to look at migration to complete cloud based solution or if possible. I would actually Like to move my account to you if that is possible.

Thank you again for the assistance and every bit of effort you put into assisting everyone on the forum! World would be a much better place with more people with your passion and dedication.

Thanks
    Great, and thank you for the kind words.

I will be looking out for your email.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quin - do you have a backup solution in place which would allow you to restore your database at a specific date, to an alternate location? If so, you could restore the data and go into your sales order batches and confirm which documents were there on a specific date.
    For future incidents, you could go into the batch and export it, or print a sales order summary listing, so you have some traceability. You would have to do this fairly regularly for it to be effective.

My suggestion would be to rather invoice the document immediately on the 1st of the next month (change the date and period when invoicing), and then place the invoice on hold, (tick in top left corner of invoice) so it doesn't update with the rest of the batch. Remember to change the date and period back afterwards. This will reserve the stock correctly as well. You can then use the "On hold assistant" at the beginning of the next month, take all the invoices off hold, and then have the users update their invoice batches. A Sales order is an "All Users" document, so there is no traceability. Invoices are user specific, so if they are deleted, you can see which user is responsible (even though you won't see the details for that invoice anymore). If you need to allow your users to place documents on hold, go into setup ... customer ...documents. On the invoice tab, drop down to each user and then select the "Allow On Hold" function for them.

Another option would be to create a User called "PI". The staff could then "Jump to" another user and capture the invoice in next month there, without updating the batch. They jump back to their own user after that and carry on as per normal. You can jump into the batch and print or check the documents, before updating at month end.
    Kevin Smith
    Sage Pastel Support Consultant
    KS Consulting
    www.ksconsulting.co.za