Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Understanding a Sunsynk inverter

Thanks
    It depends upon the inverter.
    The Sunsynk range comes with a free dongle with free access to your inverter, via a smart phone app or internet web page. It gives extensive historical records and graphs.
    We use the graphical data to monitor the performance throught the year and advise the client on possible addition of panels or batteries.The server is somewhere in the UK
    Deye has something very similar but not as sophisticated.
    Victron has the least features but quite satisfactory. Also with free access to their server for current and historical data.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    It turns out my choice to stay away from the Sunsynk 5.3 kwh batteries, was a good choice.

We only install the Sunsynk 5.1 kwh IP65 batteries, why ? I think I am at almost 30 already.

1/ They are IP 65 rated, no bugs or corrosion on the electronics, and can be installed in dusty environments and the terminals are at the bottom.

2/ They charge and discahrge, not like the others which go up and little down, then more down, then someone has to plug in a cable and reset or upgrade firmware.

3/ The firmware can be updated on line, just like the inverter. I have installed quite a few of them and yet to actually need t do a firmware upgrade, they just work.

4/ I have added new batteries to installation we did more than 2 year ago, just switch off all the batteries, plug in and switch one on at a time and bingo it works.

5/ All the data is visible on the screen of the inverter and now also on the app, from cell voltage, to cycles, to firmware version etc etc.

6/ Some say (a lot of crap about a lot stuff) that they are only C0.5 rated and the others are C1 rated, I wish you luck running any 5 kwh battery at C1 all the time.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345