Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Degree.. Is unemployed...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
    Hi Everyone, I have an interview with SAB tomorrow wish me luck...

Lose the arrogance and attitude and good luck.

Thanks
    +😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Lose the arrogance and attitude and good luck.
    hi Kevin, please stop responding to my threads.

regards

RH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanE View Post
    +��

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dane, hope it went well

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    You don't like selling? Hard luck mate, because to get a job with just a BCom and next-to-no experience you've got to sell yourself.

I'm 24 years old and when I finished my degree, I felt like I still knew nothing. Honours changed that a little bit, but for me the largest part of your education will come from doing, and doing it passionately.

When I look at potential candidates to work in my business, I barely even take notice of whether they have a degree or not. I want to see that they're enthusiastic, that they're willing to explore and experiment and learn non-stop in a field that they're passionate about. If you're a writer, I want to see that you write passionately (be it on a blog, short stories, whatever) regardless of who you're writing for or what you're being paid.
    If you're a designer, I want to see that you've built a portfolio of your own outside of varsity, just because you love designing.
    So if you're a marketer, you need to be doing something that cultivates the perception that you are passionate and knowledgeable about all aspects of marketing. That includes selling. But if you can't sell yourself, how do you expect your prospective employer to believe you've got what it takes to sell his products?

Whatever route you go down, whichever job you do eventually go into, you need to realise that there's always going to be shit work to do. It's character building and somebody has to do it. Why shouldn't it be you? Because you studied for 3 years? Please.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you're never too important to get your hands dirty. I studied for 5 years to get my degree and honours, and guess what? I still need to photocopy files worth of stuff and take minutes of meetings and fetch coffee for my seniors.

It's not all doom and gloom, though. Your approach and attitude towards these menial tasks can get you insight, experience and others' belief that you're an asset.

Good luck.
    Hi Mark, would you mind if I emailed you or sent you a message. its very inspiring that someone the same as me has already achieved so much. maybe you can give me some tips. I'm very innovative. my problem is resources.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mark, would you mind if I emailed you or sent you a message. its very inspiring that someone the same as me has already achieved so much. maybe you can give me some tips. I'm very innovative. my problem is resources.
    Sure. You're welcome to PM me or email me and if I can help I will help.

Suspended
    Thanks
    hi Kevin, please stop responding to my threads.

regards

RH
    You said right at the beginning that you were not having much luck with Recruitment Companies. Not sure if you are aware that Recruitment companies all use the same online recruitment packages. These packages are all linked and consultants have access to "notes". Therefore a little tip - use it don't use it, but if you piss one consultant off, or fail to pitch for an interview, or have a bad attitude - a note is made next to your name, so that the next recruitment company that might come across your name will not waste their time on you. Just thought I would give you some advice, because it seems you are having a problem with recruitment companies.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am thinking that perhaps Random Hero has been trying to make this point.

Coca-Cola Example
    Sales - The people who sell coca-cola to shops, bars, clubs, etc.

Marketing- The person who decides that they can increase sales by putting peoples names on the product.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    I am thinking that perhaps Random Hero has been trying to make this point.

Coca-Cola Example
    Sales - The people who sell coca-cola to shops, bars, clubs, etc.

Marketing- The person who decides that they can increase sales by putting peoples names on the product.

Lol .... do you think ?

Something similar to want to be a mechanic ....... but doesn't want to get his hands dirty

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    You said right at the beginning that you were not having much luck with Recruitment Companies. Not sure if you are aware that Recruitment companies all use the same online recruitment packages. These packages are all linked and consultants have access to "notes". Therefore a little tip - use it don't use it, but if you piss one consultant off, or fail to pitch for an interview, or have a bad attitude - a note is made next to your name, so that the next recruitment company that might come across your name will not waste their time on you. Just thought I would give you some advice, because it seems you are having a problem with recruitment companies.
    So who is throwing their toys out the cot now?

Look Kevin I grow weiry with you patronizing insults and child like behaviour. Other users might not see it but you are the one who has been giving me attitude from the get go. you are an extremely condecending person and seem to give constructive advice but at the same time jab a dagger in my ribs. So PLEASE stop your nonsense. I do not have time for you.

And do not theaten me with some database where you plan to give me a "bad review". It is actually absolutely pathetic and rediculous that you would take time out of your day to make someone that you have not met's live hard.

Jys staan my nie aan nie boet.

Do not threaten me with these petty 6 year old rants. rather give constructive posts or leave this thread. I am done playing games pal.

Edit: I have never been late for an interview in my life. I am always on time and make sure I arive 15min prior to any ingagement.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast