Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Metals Industry strike - my take

Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I'm pretty amazed by all the responses. Here are some that came back via email as a result of my mass mail to members about this thread:

the only way for us to address our conserns are . ( dismiss all employees except the minimum needed to make enough money for your self and Family. Stop paying taxes ( you will not get any support from the DA , FF or any political party because it will effect their own pockets)

Only employ Family , friends .

Do not employ anybody belonging to Trade Union and pay total cost to company . This should include sickleave , family responsable leave and leave pay , short term contract. let every one go at end of contract.

Do asmuch as possible self.

I agree your are totally correct we will try our best to contribute to that .As soon as possible.

This country is rotten to the bone the anc run the country on a buddy system

May I suggest a "Thread" accumulating Factual information on how new legislation and "Rules of Business" is impacting on the Cost of Doing Business with the State at all levels, National, Provincial and Municipal.

Hi Dave,
    Good to hear from you and sorry the circumstances are not better.
    Yes, some of my heart remains in SA but I am glad I live in Canada.
    Destructive strikes are common all over the world and are happening with increased frequency.
    Political unrest is gaining momentum and we have no acceptable ready fix.
    The world is not a happy place.
    Unfortunately, the only solution is not acceptable--love thy neighbour.
    We don’t know how to do it.
    If you can find a solution please let me know

Hi Dave!
    Yes it has been quite a while since I visited the forum. Truth be told, I've wondered if my input is of any value since there seem to be a lot of strong views from several TFSA members and quite frankly, I've wondered whether some of the people behind some of these views are not just displaying bravado. I don't wish to get into an online confrontation with some of them so I have quietly faded away. But I would like to continue receiving emails from TFSA and will make an effort to visit from time to time.

Regarding the strikes, quite simply, it starts from the top; poor leadership in Jacob Zuma. His cohorts have shielded him in the past from prosecution, WaterKloof/Gupta, arms deal, Nkandla etc etc and he dare not take a firm stand on anything because of his debt of loyalty to them and fear of losing their support. So until the leadership changes to a squeaky clean President who appoints ministers of integrity, the situation will not change. The black man usually avoids confrontation preferring rather to 'sweep it under the carpet'. So I cannot offer any other suggestion or way out of the mess we are in. Only a strong President without fear or favour will change the situation. Are there any Black leaders in the whole of Africa who are like that? The only possible exception could be the President of Namibia (Sam
    Nujoma?) (I can't remember his name). For the rest of them, they are all rotten to the core.

We really have to do something about the economic conditions in south Africa firstly we need to identify those capitalist who are benefiting out of the whole and also identify whether those being used are aware of who earns lot at the end and then make our people aware of those..capitalist and imperialists conquering our country bit by bit im..telling u we r watching and we r going to deal with those counter revolutionary forces

Thanks
    Is the writing on the wall for SA, as many of us knew it?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (08-Aug-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Funny how a very important part of this "Metal Industry" strike was and is missed. I guess the news about sanctions against Russia seemed too far a way to matter. 3 guesses who are one of our major holders in our local steel industry.... ???

Anyone? to any employer's delight it is now an established fact a employer can let go of their employees legally justly. But what of the many that "may" soon face unemployment? Or what about the 300 or so "men and woman coming to South Africa "As construction workers" thanks to out-sourcing? On various local resources? Anyone?

So not only may we "and please note this is a 50/50 that it may or may not happen" lose employment how about the many locals that will not get use that "may or may not include yourself as a business owner" so not only is it a loss to the unemployed majority it may well be a loss to you the business owner.

But let's see because I have a feeling that it my hit the news headlines soon... very soon.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Yes, the Chinc's and the Ruskies are coming, has anybody been to King Williams Town lately, you have to speak Mandarin to do business there, even Edenvale is going slope.
    The well off blacks don't give a toss as their boodle is off shore.
    Most white small business owners, mainly the trades, are living the cash life and don't pay a lot of tax, just enough not to attract any attention.
    Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Simple fact, outsourcing doesn't care. They will bring in outside skill thus no training no development no income for locals. How is this a good thing for anyone of us? I am not interested in a blame game, a history lesson nor about race. I am interested in how we local South Africans can earn, get educated and help build our economy. Because this will effect ALL OF US!
    peace is a state of mind

7. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (10-Aug-14), desA (10-Aug-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Simple fact, outsourcing doesn't care. They will bring in outside skill thus no training no development no income for locals. How is this a good thing for anyone of us? I am not interested in a blame game, a history lesson nor about race. I am interested in how we local South Africans can earn, get educated and help build our economy. Because this will effect ALL OF US!
    BY GETTING OFF YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES, TAKING RESPONSIBILY FOR YOUR OWN LIVES AND REALIZING THAT THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING WHATSOEVER.

Let me tell you what I have come to believe about humanity; humans are simply a parasite, they will happliy kill themselves and the host they feed on. Intelligence is a virus that infects a tiny percentage of the parasite. We can only hope that the virus infects more parasites but the virus does not seem to be strong enough to infect the entire parasite population. Hopefully the parasites that do not suffer from the 'intelligence virus' wipe themselves out before wiping the entire planet out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I am interested in how we local South Africans can earn, get educated and help build our economy. Because this will effect ALL OF US!
    Thank you, Tec0, for inspiring me once again.

That makes it twice in one thread!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In the end the solution is clear. It has been for some time now. We "the South African people" NEED a modular training system that is accessible to all including those with learning disabilities. Simple fact a trained person can do more for your company earn better and contribute more to this Country then an untrained person can. Full stop.

But companies must start to demand this from government to implement a workable education system. Simple truth is we need to be able to write tests at a testing centre. Thus when you are ready to write you can go write your N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 and N6 exams just by simply paying for the test sit down and write it. Same day results is a MUST have! this will get corruption out of the system.

Workshops must be made available for anyone. Right now there are workshops available but some cost up to R300k to do??? What unemployed person can afford R300k! I mean are you serious!

modular workshop training at low cost will allow for accessibility and that is the one thing we need! I mean at least the future employee will have some working idea as to what is expected of her/him and they may even continue workshop training as the goal will be a FULL education and with it a PROPER understanding of the WORK thus enabling South Africans to build create and maintain infrastructure!!!

We NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THIS !!!

or it is game over.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    As Adrian says above - get off your arse and make it happen. Why wait for the "government" to do something - do something yourself !!!! Stop blaming other people and other organizations - its not their responsibility - its YOURS.

If we all woke up every morning with a negative attitude and blamed someone for the position you are in ........ where the heck would that get you ??? Go out there and MAKE IT HAPPEN ............

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If there is one thing this thread has identified loud and clear, it's don't wait on government!

We need to make our own plans.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast