Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How was you're day?

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Thanks leaugue ........... Nooooo not yet ....... I am inspired by Neville's photies, but am nowhere near that yet ..........
    Yes Neville is good, but at least show us the shiny new camera
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    One's view on these things tend to depend on the final result in the end, doesn't it

I started the year with goals and a plan (as I normally do).
    This year's goals were particularly detailed and ambitious, so I knew I was in for a challenging patch.
    Plus although I always expect unexpected bonus challenges as part of life, this year they've been bigger than usual so far (a key man resigning being the cherry on top).

So far the plan hasn't derailed, but it sure has been an act of sheer will to keep it on track.
    It's good to have BIG goals and plans. Make goals and plans then make even bigger goals and plans, that makes you original goals and plans seem not to difficult to reach . Good Dave keep going and a wheel might pop off the track every now and then but wont stop the train. Just remember too keep a balance of work and rest, no one is any good if they can't think straight

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I got a sms from my wife at 9am: “Did you forget something today?” I did a quick search in the car to see if I had not left anything behind. False alarm so I did not reply. I got a sms at about 1 “It’s our anniversary”. Ooops...in the kak
    Oh come on pmb, that's your wife man. Okay one question, when last did you buy her some flowers just because?

Thanks
    @PMBguy send a card like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anni.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	4603
    Buy them here
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    pmb:

"DAMN! Netflorist PROMISED to deliver today - I am going to KILL them......."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    pmb:

"DAMN! Netflorist PROMISED to deliver today - I am going to KILL them......."
    That's a good one, by the way pmb congratulations on the anniversary

Thanks
    @League - I pick flowers from the garden for the house (her) every 3 days or so, I am therefore a prolific romantic, not really it’s become routine. If you ever see me buying flowers it can only be because I have a mistress or it’s a Birth, Funeral etc of somebody I know. If I had no flowers in the yard I would buy her flowers once or twice a year like the rest of you, probably from those beautiful woman who sell flowers for charity.
    I exclude Vanash because he has a degree in woman studies and probably has a discount account at the florist.

@Ian – Awesome card

I only read Phil’s post now so it’s too late Phil, but dam good advice though. Nonetheless I have saved the day by preparing a beautiful supper, which should arrive any second now and I got some chocolate. Lucky for me my daughters 3rd birthday is on Saturday, so my wife is so involved with the party stuff that she was not even angry at me since I am her slave until the party ends I guess.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Very busy. One of my staff members sent my wife a Whatsapp message at 8H30 on Monday morning saying that she is not coming to work and she quits. Great, I am truly happy because she was kinda useless anyway. I had to set everything up so that she could push the start button on the laser. She came in late 80% of the time and at the end of January she owed us 12 days leave. Anyway, good riddance. I've spent most of the week running the lasers, vinyl printer and sometimes decal printer simultaneously. It sound complex but its not really. I would do the drawing, get the machine running and then move on to the next machine and get it running. While that is going I do the next drawings or build PC boards or do whatever needs to be done. Each machine has its own PC with a monitor and stuff on my desk so its easy to keep an eye on the lot. Its 7:30 now and the laser is still going. I'm cutting 20 robot kits for a guy who teaches kids robotics by using Arduino electronics and all sorts of sensors and motor and stuff. The course that he presents s really fascinating. He works a full day and in the evenings either prepares courses or presents courses. Once the job is done I need to decide whether finish another job, complete three circuits for the trains, or read. I think that I will end up running the laser, watching a movie on the PC and finishing the circuits (they have to go out tomorrow) The circuits are simply DC constant current lighting controllers for the trains. Although the trains are DC powered their power is reversible. So the trick is to put a bridge rectifier in the circuit to force the output into a known DC direction state, then its simply a matter of adding despiking caps and constant current TO92 package devices in line with the leds (which are ground down so that the light can be sent through a pair of optic fibres.

I don't know why I go into so much detail, maybe its because I enjoy what I do. Anyhow, time to eat and get back to play aka "work"

Thanks
    @League - I pick flowers from the garden for the house (her) every 3 days or so, I am therefore a prolific romantic, not really it’s become routine. If you ever see me buying flowers it can only be because I have a mistress or it’s a Birth, Funeral etc of somebody I know. If I had no flowers in the yard I would buy her flowers once or twice a year like the rest of you, probably from those beautiful woman who sell flowers for charity.
    I exclude Vanash because he has a degree in woman studies and probably has a discount account at the florist.

@Ian – Awesome card

I only read Phil’s post now so it’s too late Phil, but dam good advice though. Nonetheless I have saved the day by preparing a beautiful supper, which should arrive any second now and I got some chocolate. Lucky for me my daughters 3rd birthday is on Saturday, so my wife is so involved with the party stuff that she was not even angry at me since I am her slave until the party ends I guess.
    hehehe glad you could make up and congratulations on your daughters birthday. And who say's I only buy her flowers twice a year

Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Very busy. One of my staff members sent my wife a Whatsapp message at 8H30 on Monday morning saying that she is not coming to work and she quits. Great, I am truly happy because she was kinda useless anyway. I had to set everything up so that she could push the start button on the laser. She came in late 80% of the time and at the end of January she owed us 12 days leave. Anyway, good riddance. I've spent most of the week running the lasers, vinyl printer and sometimes decal printer simultaneously. It sound complex but its not really. I would do the drawing, get the machine running and then move on to the next machine and get it running. While that is going I do the next drawings or build PC boards or do whatever needs to be done. Each machine has its own PC with a monitor and stuff on my desk so its easy to keep an eye on the lot. Its 7:30 now and the laser is still going. I'm cutting 20 robot kits for a guy who teaches kids robotics by using Arduino electronics and all sorts of sensors and motor and stuff. The course that he presents s really fascinating. He works a full day and in the evenings either prepares courses or presents courses. Once the job is done I need to decide whether finish another job, complete three circuits for the trains, or read. I think that I will end up running the laser, watching a movie on the PC and finishing the circuits (they have to go out tomorrow) The circuits are simply DC constant current lighting controllers for the trains. Although the trains are DC powered their power is reversible. So the trick is to put a bridge rectifier in the circuit to force the output into a known DC direction state, then its simply a matter of adding despiking caps and constant current TO92 package devices in line with the leds (which are ground down so that the light can be sent through a pair of optic fibres.

I don't know why I go into so much detail, maybe its because I enjoy what I do. Anyhow, time to eat and get back to play aka "work"
    You got your hands full there, but its good you like what you do that's important. It makes it all worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Fuck I’m bummed I wanted to get a clown for the kids party and while he is here, get him to jump on the trampoline – use the pic as a avatar for a week, but my wife said “its not with theme... its Pixy and her Pixy friends!” There has also been much debate as to where Pixy herself stays which was settled when she made me watch the episode where they show her house. I have also learned many facts about fairies in the last few months. I will post some pics in the next few days and reveal what I have been building for months...

My anniversary is going great by the way, thank you League. She took off work tomorrow, so she will work until very late tonight getting everything perfect for the party, I am also sort of taking off tomorrow, luckily I have completed most of my tasks and assignments, helping her here and there. I will do something romantic on Sunday like allowing her to watch me catch a fish for her.

So League, how long have you been married? And how often do you buy flowers out of the blue? You love bunny you
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Fuck I’m bummed I wanted to get a clown for the kids party and while he is here, get him to jump on the trampoline – use the pic as a avatar for a week, but my wife said “its not with theme... its Pixy and her Pixy friends!” There has also been much debate as to where Pixy herself stays which was settled when she made me watch the episode where they show her house. I have also learned many facts about fairies in the last few months. I will post some pics in the next few days and reveal what I have been building for months...

My anniversary is going great by the way, thank you League. She took off work tomorrow, so she will work until very late tonight getting everything perfect for the party, I am also sort of taking off tomorrow, luckily I have completed most of my tasks and assignments, helping her here and there. I will do something romantic on Sunday like allowing her to watch me catch a fish for her.

So League, how long have you been married? And how often do you buy flowers out of the blue? You love bunny you
    Why not get a clown and get him to put on some fairy wings then make him fly on the trampoline, just tell her it's Pixy's ugly step sister coming to visit. Oh how sweet of you for allowing your wife to watch you catch dinner

Well she is oversees at the moment so buying her flowers is a little hard now, but I will swing by and pick some of yours,hahaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.