Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
The problem is that they have made it a blank white envelope, with a return on the back of the envelope. It is very difficult to tell that it is a SANRAL letter until you have opened it. Again being devious, as they knoww the public would do just that.

However if you look very carefully with a strong light, the eToll emblem may be seen through the white envelope, ready to be turfed into the bin.
maybe they should decide to decorate it differently to NOT LOOK like obvious daylight robbery...

Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
True, however they will simply reissue the invoice correctly.

Same story with the traffic fines, it was illegal to simply send it by normal post, but now I am inconvenienced every time there is a speeding fine, because I now have to collect the registered letter at the post office during office hours during my work time. At the end of the day a traffic fine must be paid, irrespective of how you find out about it. Now it costs me more in time because of the registered letter collection. It has not stopped the traffic departments of placing cameras all over the show to collect income, what should have been done was fight the system of placing cameras all over the place, impeding free movement.

Whether the invoice is correct or not does not detract that they will persist until correct, and they could be one step closer to shutting the door.
It is important to get the complete shambles thrown out, rather than picking at the petty things which are easily corrected.
so it must be picked up by registered post? all of them?

as a measure to ensure that YOU GOT IT, that they have proof that you picked it up, or that it was delivered to you? to have a "case" against you since you did receive it?

i found out today that registered mail can be traced, each letter has its unique code or number, and when you want to know when the person it was addressed to picked it up, you just dial the 0860 TOLL FREE number at the registered post offices...

TOLL FREE numbers to TRACE registered mail invoices...get it?

lmfao...

they want to MAKE USE of toll free telephone calls to trace road travellers in the sense that they GOT A TAXED account for tolling fees?

wtf?

so are you paying yours? if you say that in the end of the day it must be paid?...

on invoices being correct?

apparently the invoices are NOT BASED on standard fees,

people who do not even go through the toll routes,

get taxed out of nowhere......

and they can basically pick any amount to charge you with....