Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections on the big question

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    The Saint, but of course: He’s a Bible man. A character indeed! Upon failing an exam his professors called him ‘dumb Ox,” but they added that someday he would influence the thinking of mankind immensely. He believe that the only way to serve God properly is to be taught to do so. He believes in human laws. They believes that even if these laws are right or wrong, they nonetheless laws which should be followed. He was a Professor of the Old Testament, it was the primary work he taught
    Saint Thomas Aquinas was the best at integrating Reason and Faith. I can see how his scholastic method appeals to you, being a Christian lawyer.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What is it that you think you see? An animal?

What is it that you think you see! Is it me? No sir for beneath this very human mask there is more than flesh. There is a mind at work! I'm going to be honest with you. I... Hate this place, this menagerie, myself, this dreamless world or whatever you want to call it... All I see is greed! Why must there be such a thing? We as humans are saturated with greed. Every time I see it, somehow it burns into my mind's eye! As if edged in with a blunt knife...

Sadly we as humans will play both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate! But is it fate? No! It is THEM!!! They your bank your boss your master you keeper your leash holder that writes the script of our lives... To THEM the "worker" is vermin! To THEM we are just flesh! They call you when they need you... But when they don't, they'll put you down lake a rabid dog! You see, their morals, their code, don't apply to them. The realty is the rich is only as good as the laws forced upon them... But behind close doors the powerful collide for greed demands it! They cannibalize each other like vultures picking bones no morals no pride just another plan...

That said, I sometimes wonder if we as humans even know what it is to be truly be forgiven? See God doesn't make the world this way. We do... But in the end it doesn't matter what we do, greed always demand blood... Truth is mankind's been trying to kill each other off since the beginning of time if only to get ahead. Now with science and technology humanity have the power to finish the job and that scares me.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this world is messed-up... Truth is if humanity cared from the start, none of this would've happened. None of this would have been real. Life would have been an endless wonder filled with discovery life love and a wonderful tomorrow...

Instead humanity summoned two death angels of our making "little boy" and "fat man" On the Month of August 1945 Humanity lost its soul. This one action explained the fundamental mentality of human nature. Being, existence and reality rewritten by a flash of light.

Alas to all of this I say it is but wind passing a light breeze at that.

My believes may be antiquated unpopular... But it is my only tether...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money. (Native American saying)
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

4. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (16-Feb-14), Citizen X (13-Feb-14), mikilianis (13-Feb-14)

Thanks
    Only the ignorant confuse Man with animals....

“It is much easier to show compassions to animals. They are never wicked. Spiritual power is the eternal guide, in this life and the life after, for man ranks supreme among all creatures"

Seen...

Thanks
    The sun will eventually absorb the earth, if something else does not happen before that. So the long term survival of the earth as a celestial entity will seize at some point.
    I subscribe to the theory that the Universe is expanding.
    Therefore the Earth is moving away from the sun and will not be absorbed by it.
    With this theory, comes the story that man once inhabited Mars and moved to earth when Mars was no longer viable.
    Trying to go to Mars and re inhabiting that, is going backwards - we should be looking at Venus.
    Some believe further that the asteroid belt beyond Mars used to be a planet called Zuur, which man also inhabited before Mars.
    Such is the big picture and our future.

The body is just a vehicle, having different forms necessary to prepare the world for habitation. It is in this, that we see the animal form and allow it to take control of being. The Soul on the other hand - the true you - is the unknown factor, which we strive to enhance and purify. Not doing a god job at the moment...well over the past 1% of our existence.
    Only a few billion years to go.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty comfortable with the science that predicts the sun's (and earth's) demise long after I've shuffled off this mortal coil.

Hey - if mankind can find a solution to the challenge by then, cool.
    If not, I suspect the universe probably won't even notice mankind is gone.

Thanks
    Dave - Lets hope thats true!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	karma.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	4360  
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Man is an animal imbued with something extra other animals do not have. What that “extra” is exactly is not known. We share enough biology, genetics and behaviour to be called animals. I easily reconcile being an animal with being a spiritual being. Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive?

Humans are spiritual animals
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I foresee somewhat of a different view. As ages progress so will the world of science. There is already tests being done on a artificial organs that will replace our need to eat and breath. The systems take what is there recondition it and feed it back into the body. Thus humanity will soon no longer need a symbiotic relationship with the world or nature.

Already artificial organs are a reality in both mechanical and biomechanical form. Science is developing bio-ink that has the potential to rebuild the human skin one sell at a time. These technologies will redefine the human race when they enter into the market "if they haven't already".

DNA reconditioning is a biotech designed to target your DNA and rebuild it effectively resetting it's genetic clock so that it will not destroy itself. All of this is already in the making.

Then there is talk of the singularity or the merger of mind and information, like in the movie "The Matrix" you will simply be able to upload a skill and use it as if you have done it all your life. Again this technology is in development and mice "test subjects" showed very promising results.

Soon the human body will overcome death. But even this is not new.

So what is new? Nothing... All that is... Was and will be again... Words written thousands of years ago. Thus proofing that we are stuck in a perpetual reality. The "now" as we experienced it was experienced many times before. Each and every word we wrote already written. Once you understand this principle you realise the need for transition from this world to the next. Spirituality isn't just a "thing" or a belief.

Spirituality is a fundamental part of consciousness because without it the "now" cannot exist. The world and everything in it everything on it cannot exist without the mind. Because without the "mind" there is nothing. Yes stars will shine planets will go about their business but at the same time there will be nothing because there is nothing to witness it.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Interesting direction, it is possible that technology could one day make us immortal. This raises many questions. What about the soul? Will the soul ever be expressed-further realised outside of the immortal person’s body?

If not, then will you still choose to fulfil your spiritual journey at some point in time? (Being immortal)

(For simplicity sake, immortality through technology means being able to die, but potentially living forever- this example)

And yes we talking about the far future so you will probably be dead.

What will the implications of immortality be on monogamy statistics of the immortals? (being valentines day and all)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast