Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A reshuffle of the political party pack ahead?

Thanks
    Well done to DA; a wise move indeed, infect a wise move since the Agang began, remember DA was instrumental in many ways during the formation of Agang; I think DA was helping in efforts to further the breakdown of ANC and hence now they are doing coalition, they won a bit (DA).

Now Ramphele I have little or no trust in her seeing that she was so used according to my judgment. She couldn't be able to influence and effect changes in ANC according to her ideas and decided to form her political party and now she is throwing the towel because she sees no direction in her leadership, what kind of leader she will make then? Because I think she is there to follow Helen Zille.

Thanks
    Ramphele will still bow to ama Nkosazana Zilla, so I would not be too worried about Ramphele’s personal shortcomings.

I don’t expect a miracle in the elections, however I do get a gut feeling the ANC will lose allot of ground, more than one may have thought possible. If the DA does well they will do even better in 2018...perhaps in 2022 we can get the malignant cANCer removed.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

3. Thanks given for this post:

dix (30-Jan-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have noticed that the ANC is uncomfortable that the opposition is growing in strength. I think that from the ANC leadership statements, that they are very concerned, Agang a 'stillborn' party, a second central party, referring to a stronger opposition.

With respect to Ramphele and Agang, I am sure she realised that they could never be ready to be a real opposition to the ANC given the short time they decide to start as a new party.
    At this stage Agang was being funded from with in the members, which at the end of the day would not produce a large enough budget to go out and campaign to win voters.

Moving to the DA was a better move, and it will influence the image that the ANC had been campaigning against the DA, as a white party who would bring apartheid back if they were to win the elections.

I wonder what Juju will say now, at the last election he was pushing the white lady and the black tea girl as a reference to the DA leadership. Now Ramphele has been a freedom fighter for many years and spent her time in the trenches, so she will have gained a huge amount of respect and following for this, and being a life partner of the infamous Steve Biko.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Learning and experience doesn’t make one a leader but an expert in research of which those are the strength of the Presidential candidate, moreover I believe Agang and other political parties who broke away from ANC where motivated by disagreements to the policies of ANC and hence formed their political parties with unique policies but now joined DA with different and unique policies and the whole game now seems as if it’s no longer about serving the public but defeating ANC in the polls.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dix View Post
    the whole game now seems as if it’s no longer about serving the public but defeating ANC in the polls.
    This is how the ANC managed to bring the fight to the NATS, we gotta learn from our history.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ok Just heard doc Ramphele has pulled out of the DA deal. Shes got no balls. The AGANG party has no money and is being funded from with in. With this new knowledge, it seems that Mantashe predicted a stillborn party. Had she remained with the DA she would have secure her ticket into parliament.

Thanks
    A bit sad, really.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Effen politicians!! they're all the same.

Maybe the cANCer, COPE or the EFF offered her a better deal.

Just keep voting for the 'Official Opposition' who ever they are.

Maybe we should start a non political 'OFFOPP' party just to be the ones to keep the others in line.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    A wise move from Ramphele for leaving DA early. My opinion is that she can be more productive if she can serve government as a minister in Economic Development for instance given here economic drives, education and experience

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    and how is she going to be elected into that position, surely you are not expecting the ANC to offer it to her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast