This is what I like to see...
A reminder to my company today, point 5 should be enforced on more sites and a tag identifying the staff member with his qualifications clearly indicated, so when I walk past and see a person working on live wires or isolating a distribution board I can see his qualification without having to contact the company he works for. I can then take a picture of him and his ID tag and a picture of him performing a task which he is not suppose to be doing or just leave him/her to continue with their work, creating a safer environment for everyone working on the site. The DOL should setup a website clearly indicating each person function...ie eleconop 2 can work on xyz parts of an electrical installation etc etc or the person building the scaffold is qualified to perform the task without supervision etc.
Kindly be reminded of the requirements for contractors on site.
1. All contractors MUST have signed The xxxx Contractors' Rules document and submitted it to the HSE Office.
2. They MUST submit a valid Letter of Good Standing from the Department of Labour indicating COID Registration Number(or proof of payment of dues if the letter is not available)
3. Proof of Liability Insurance
4. Their staff MUST go through xxxx Contractor Induction Program.
5. Copy of valid permit/proof of competence in relevant area, e.g. scaffolding, rigging, etc depending on their line of work.
6. They MUST provide a safety file - as per their line of work
7 They MUST provide their own tools and equipment (this includes personal protective equipment as required in the area of work), e.g. ladders, scaffolding, hard hats, hearing protection, safety goggles, etc