Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big pharma's 'satanic' plot is genocide

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @illUDeano - Don't make blanket statements because certain drugs don't work for you. I am not going to get into a pissing contest or go into the details of my own life but suffice to say that if I don't take the meds then I will probably end up in jail for beating somebody to death and I would go completely insane from getting nothing done due to having the attention span of a baby goldfish. Ritalin & Concerta are wonderful products for those that need them.

If anything. Don't give your kids drugs for ADD or ADHD... you will ruin their lives!! Rather put in extra effort to help them study and pass school. When you get older, you grow out of it and responsibility overshadows a minor attention flaw.
    This statement just makes me angry because my childhood was a total abortion which caused my adult life to be an abortion. If you think you are going to grow out of ADHD then you should come visit me at home and see how that theory works out in real life. Minor attention flaw - you're joking right, again come to my house and see exactly how minor it is....

Blanket statements are very dangerous because what works or does not work for you may or may not work for another person.

Thanks
    Nah man, I "needed" those drugs according to psychiatrist, doctors and teachers. It's bullshit. I had to take 2 x 56mg tabs. That is A LOT! I'm better off without it, and anyone who seeks a natural way to improve their concentration can do it without using those drugs.

I have also had a couple of friends with the same problems, they are going strong after they got off those meds. I guess a few individuals might find it works for them, if it does, by all means. i just think with the right mindset and natural solutions you can overcome ADHD and rid yourself of those mind numbing bs drugs.

A relative of mine has a school for children with learning disabilities. You can outgrow ADHD and you can control it with no use of any drugs. Meditation and constent reminders to control one self helps if you get into the routine of doing so.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I understand that you are better off without them but you need to understand that that is how your life worked out. Dude, I am totally ADHD and Bipolar and I've been so all my life. I spent my youth being in sh1t all the time. I could not concentrate or learn anything. I sort of muddled through life and at about 40 I figured out that the way that I feel and the things that I do are very problematic. I could feel myself being angry for no reason and I would lash out blindly at people for no real reason. I would sometimes become so depressed that I seriously considered going under a bus. I found that the more stressed I get the worse my ADHD would get, I would bounce from thought to thought and I would get absolutely nothing done other than worry about getting nothing done and feeling even more stressed. I nearly went over the edge during that time and I decided to see my GP. He put me onto some meds and suddenly, overnight, my fractured worlds all came into focus. I had multiple lives, all in parallel. I had lots of duplicate products, half competed projects and lots of issues. The thing is that I never saw everything simultaneously, each view was like a telescope and never crossed into the same frame as any other. Anyhow, the drug brought it all together for the first time in my life. I went back to the GP and he sent me off to the head shrinker. The shrinker found that I am bipolar and ADHD. I've been on medication ever since. I am telling you that if I am not on the meds for a week I would start to swing terribly emotionally and I would get terribly angry or depressed. The swings are very bad. I also find that my mind babbles all the time, I think very shallowly and I am totally unable to concentrate. I found that Concerta, with all the other stuff I take is absolutely brilliant. I am able to concentrate and get a lot done...but at the moment the additional R800 per month is simply not viable. If I had the cash I would do it in a flash. You say that weed works for you and that is great, it seems to work for many people. All it does for me is give me a headache.

Thanks
    Bipolar is no joking matter. Together with ADHD, meds are simply the only option. That I understand fully

Thanks
    My opinion is that ADHD is over diagnosed and the medication for it often produces undesirable side effects worse than the initial problem. There are off course many people who benefit greatly from such medications, as Adrian’s example above.

We need to find better ways to treat ADHD when correctly diagnosed. Ritallin (and similar) may be the best current solution, but it is a long way off from even being acceptable (in my mind). Such drugs affect the brain in its entirety, it effects mental processes that are not related to hyperactivity or inattention at all. During this shift in brain functioning, it almost as a lesser consequence reduces the symptoms of ADHD.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

6. Thanks given for this post:

Trickzta (20-Jan-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I do agree with you that Ritalin is totally over prescribed. A kid that has ants in the pants doesn't have ADHD. I think though that there are cases that require medication. Teachers and head shrikers are far to quick to prescribe it. A shrink spent 5 minutes with you and then prescribes Ritalin. I can understand that it would affect you badly if you do not need it but then the shrinker should shift you onto something more appropriate, be it drugs, therapy or whatever. The bottom line is that teachers & doctors are too lazy to investigate the problems that the person has properly. I was fortunate in that I spent my entire life struggling with my own mind so it was fairly easy to detect the change that the meds made to my life.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ritalin has distinct effects on me;
    1. It quietens my mind down so that it is not constantly babbling.
    2. My concentration deepens and I am able to think subconsciously rather that verbally internally i.e. consciously.
    3. It definitely stops me from shifting attention. I can work on a project from start to finish and get it done without feeling that I should be somewhere else or doing something else.

Those drugs do interfere with sleep. I only need 4-6 hours a night and I am fine. I don't mind sleeping less if I feel better. There is a downside to mood stabilizers though and it is that it blunts one emotionally. I honestly have zero emotion. Yes, I am able to understand emotion in an abstract sort of way but I can't say that I feel love or hate or jealousy or any of that stuff. It drives my way totally batty that I am unable to relate to those feelings but I have a choice, feel it in absolute total excess and go over the edge or don't feel it at all. I've never been able to find a middle ground. It's one or the other. I choose the flatline mode because I will then not harm myself or anybody else....

Our computers are terribly screwed up, most people just don't realize it. It takes a lot of head bumping, mistakes, regrets etc. to realize that the workings of our brains and the workings of our minds are often out of sync. I know that what I just said sounds strange but it is true. My mind would think of something and know that the word or memory is in their somewhere. My brain would have a buffer overflow and refuse to retrieve the word or memory. Our brains sometimes return the wrong information and if we are not aware of it we tend to make serious errors of judgement. We run various sophisticated computers each with its own operating system. The master system sits on top of this lot and claims that it is in control...its mistaken...sometimes it is but most of the time its not.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The more things change the more it stays the same. Funny to know that there is about 3 generations here on this forum all used Ritalin at some point. When I was on it all those years ago I became agitated and eventually turned the school bully into a screaming puddle of urine, mucus and blood. Was the first time where I lost it completely.

From that point I was branded a trouble maker “and a violent person”. I slept between 2 and 4 hours at most and was supper irritable. I a few years on I got into serious trouble and run in with the police. I then stopped the Ritalin my concentration went to hell but I was otherwise in control.

Don’t get me wrong I highly recommend Ritalin but to a degree, it is important to stop every few days see how you do without it.

I don’t blame Ritalin for any of my actions... It simply enhanced what was already there.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought the NWO angle was supposed to go in the NWO thread so that we could discuss the IP issue without too much "noise"

Mind you - not the only rumble that seems to wander from thread to thread

What was I thinking?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All I can say is that living on this planet will kill you.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

12. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (21-Jan-14)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast