Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big pharma's 'satanic' plot is genocide

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am rather confused about the whole IP issue. A patent is issued. 20 years later it expires and goes into generic. Big Pharma now tweaks the product and gets a new patent. Now, the old patend stands and the generic stands - How does the new patent affect the old patendt and the generic?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ok, I did some reading and I understand the issue. The problem is not with Big Pharma per se, the problem is that SA Patent law is CRAP.

Thanks
    I believe the IP should only last 3years in pharma. This will bring more players into the fold. Competition will bring the price down and improve the quality of products available.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLuDeano View Post
    Bipolar is no joking matter. Together with ADHD, meds are simply the only option. That I understand fully
    An ADHD friendly diet has been found to reduce the symptoms of ADHD to some degree in many people. In some cases a simple diet change removes all symptoms of ADHD.
    Aside from diet, therapy may also help, especially cognitive and behavioural therapy.

Also have a look at the following, it includes some sound explanations and alternative treatments.
    http://www.additudemag.com/asset/1383.pdf
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    @ Trickzta,

As for Ritalin AKA “Central nervous system stimulant (trade name Ritalin) used in the treatment of narcolepsy in adults and attention deficit disorder in children” again a good medication but abused.
    Ritalin is a stimulant given to hyperactive kids?? Also for attention deficit disorders. iLLuDeano was treated with Ritalin and you read what he has to say about it. I tend to agree with him. You are entitled to think it is good for kids, that is your right.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Tricky - have you got ADD and have you got kids?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I believe the IP should only last 3years in pharma. This will bring more players into the fold. Competition will bring the price down and improve the quality of products available.

An ADHD friendly diet has been found to reduce the symptoms of ADHD to some degree in many people. In some cases a simple diet change removes all symptoms of ADHD.
    Aside from diet, therapy may also help, especially cognitive and behavioural therapy.

Also have a look at the following, it includes some sound explanations and alternative treatments.
    http://www.additudemag.com/asset/1383.pdf
    Interesting....but it does not repair faulty wiring.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Interesting....but it does not repair faulty wiring.
    Diet can’t “cure” ADHD aka “loose wiring”, nothing can. What it can do is relieve symptoms. In some cases enough for the symptoms not to interfere with functioning/behaviour, replacing the need for medication. (The effects of diet on ADHD will vary greatly from one person to the next)
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Yea, I'm sure that it does help some people. Many things like caffeine etc. make it worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One of the problems I'm having with the Minister's view is I'm pretty familiar with an industry not too dissimilar to the pharmaceutical industry, the pesticides industry. And if pharmaceuticals have to go through anything like what "agricultural remedies" have to go through to get registered for use locally (let alone anywhere else), it wouldn't hurt for government to take a long, hard look in the mirror before they start casting stones.

Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I believe the IP should only last 3years in pharma.
    How long does it take to develop a product?
    How long does it take to get it to market once the IP is registered?

These products have to navigate trials and incredible red tape that takes years out of that IP window.
    Then that fat submission sits on some bureaucrat's desk for another year or more (I've heard reports of four years and more awaiting approval locally).

We're talking massive capital outlay looking for a needle in a haystack, followed by massive investment in trials, documentation etc., followed by massive regulatory submission fees, massive delays before a single cent is earned, and all of this capital investment which might not yield a single cent if the product is declined.

And how much has our government, such a knowledgeable and shining light in issues of morality, so keenly sensitive to and abhorrent of abuse of position, invested to this point?

Oh, I could rant on....

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (21-Jan-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickzta View Post
    I rest my case.
    Wha ha ha ha ... and then you carry right on waffling....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast