Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: They are not that expensive!!!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes agree with you Adrian. And we are doing things about it. Overseas they have cabs and public transport and they know this is available. Here in SA it has started big time a few years ago. Its up to us now to realize this way of thinking and have their no on speed dial to call them. It is happening. I see it in my kids as well. They are very good at picking the driver of the night who is not going to drink or having the cab company's no on their cell phones to phone if they are over the limit. And they, like all of us know when you are over the limit without a gizmo. Cabs are also quite reasonably priced as well. I know when I'm in CT, it is even more prominent there. You see cabs running all over and the public transport is excellent. I see busses running up and down Seapoint to the V&A and CBD right thro the night. And as Adrian says, sort out the problem right at the beginning. Arrest them if they are over the limit, which they are doing right now.

Just another quick one. A friend of mynes son was arrested about a year ago for over the limit. The cops bashed him around a bit, kept him over night, gave him a helluva talking to and let him go the following day. This has left quite an impact on him and he has never driven over the limit again. Now I know that some of you are going to have a whole lot to say about this, which I do understand, but it worked for him. He says he does not want to go thro that again !!
    I'm not sure what I would do if this was my son, considering this boy was WAY over the limit driving !!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Dude, there is simply one thing that this country needs and that is discipline, it should be this simple, you get caught and you get your nuts ripped off. I bet that only 3 people will get caught and the $h1t will stop.

You need to learn that the best therapy for people who are to stupid to think for themselves is slap therapy.
    It must be a choice... If it isn’t an active choice that someone made to better themselves than the system has no value. The promise of pain will work only for so long then people will find ways around it, or plan to combat it. History is full of people trying to force other people and normally they don’t last.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    If SA Breweries are clever they can still sponsor sports even on school level. All they have to do is take the beer out of the water and just sell the water with added goodness... It is not an energy drink just a good clean healthy drink that every child in South Africa can enjoy.

Possible, however it will be tricky PR and Marketing for them to diversify all the way to kids’ products, but almost anything is possible. I can definitely see them doing something like non-alcoholic drinks or energy drinks etc to supplement the slight decrease in consumption of alcoholic drinks in the years to come after the banning. In that event SAB will make moves probably into new markets and new products a bit at a time. How strongly SAB react will give us an indication as to how successful the banning is. That all being said SAB is strong, they have a huge beer drinking market, they may just cut some fat and do business almost as usual. Just out of my head I would say a 5% new-drinker reduction due to the banning over 15years is probably an optimistic figure (if that’s even possible to calculate, way too many variables).

I just saw the ad in my head

“lalalala....how there little kids my name is Bobby Brew......lalalala......hey have you guys tried our new Dampie lollies....its a blast! Hey Moms we promise it won’t do what our other products do to some families lalalala... What a croc of shit, made me spill my Black label
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Yes, I also think that they shouldn't show images of women because that leads to dancing which leads to lust which leads to sex which leads to STDs and HIV. But thinking about it, they shouldn't show men either because that leads to gay-ness which of course leads to floral shirts which leads to pantyhose which leads to men carrying handbags and driving little pink Mini's.
    Dam dude I almost had a stroke after reading this Just to clarify does this ban extent to private dvd's? Shit I hope not! I have some bay watch on tape back here somewhere
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    No, it doesn't extend to private collections of "art" because those collections are already well hidden from the DM... although I must admit my DM has inadvertently come across my collection and the agreement we came to was that that if she even f...ks with my pc again then there will be groot k@k

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Truth is beer is about as old as civilization itself and civilization my well owe its existence to beer. It is a well known fact that back in the day beer was used to trade with and yes back in those days your kids drank beer all day long. Truth is it was healthy stuff.

The beer that they had back then had low quantities of antibiotics so it kept them healthy. Don’t believe me? Watch it for yourself then.

So let me be clear I have nothing against having a beer it is the drunk drivers that gets my tits in a twist.
    peace is a state of mind

7. Thanks given for this post:

IanF (28-Sep-13)

Thanks
    Hey Tec did you hear that? it’s all going to be OK. Your collection of midget movies are save, don’t stress

Thanks
    Ag sorry Tec I was just joking about the Midgets. I am very serious about my own collection though. My DM does not approve, but she knows not to mess with my shit.

I drank lots of beer as a bachelor, but since I met my DM not so much. I don’t drink in the week at all but on weekends I have a beer, ice cold black label. I never drink and drive I sit next to her making remarks on her driving.

YEARS ago before I met my wife I was driving alone across to a another farm where I was at a party farm-pub-party and the cops had a roadblock out, it was at about 5am or so when I came driving along in my 900cc Zuzuki mini loaf bus, it’s basically a mini mini bus 6seater but I have fit 10 people in before. Anyway so I looked at the cops as if I was lank fresh waking up, on the way to the dam, I had the rods sticking out and everything. The one cop signalled me to stop I gave an enthusiastic posture pop and greeted the man waving in good morning cheer.....zoop I go past, I did not see their reaction but they did not come after me...I was off in the night....I was very lucky that time, but trust me on this, no braai or party is that that good, no amazing beer that great to risk being somebody’s bitch in the holding cell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Ag sorry Tec I was just joking about the Midgets. I am very serious about my own collection though. My DM does not approve, but she knows not to mess with my shit.

I drank lots of beer as a bachelor, but since I met my DM not so much. I don’t drink in the week at all but on weekends I have a beer, ice cold black label. I never drink and drive I sit next to her making remarks on her driving.

YEARS ago before I met my wife I was driving alone across to a another farm where I was at a party farm-pub-party and the cops had a roadblock out, it was at about 5am or so when I came driving along in my 900cc Zuzuki mini loaf bus, it’s basically a mini mini bus 6seater but I have fit 10 people in before. Anyway so I looked at the cops as if I was lank fresh waking up, on the way to the dam, I had the rods sticking out and everything. The one cop signalled me to stop I gave an enthusiastic posture pop and greeted the man waving in good morning cheer.....zoop I go past, I did not see their reaction but they did not come after me...I was off in the night....I was very lucky that time, but trust me on this, no braai or party is that that good, no amazing beer that great to risk being somebody’s bitch in the holding cell.
    A long time ago, very long actually people I knew crashed while out on a pub-crawl. All 4 of them dead in a single night. Not one of them saw 21. Not a long time after I lost a family member to alcohol "died in his bed" didn't see 50. I have been around the block many times... and really I can go on and on and maybe I will? I don't know yet...

But what I do know is you owe me everything hehehehe

I will come for yous soul soon enough just need your address
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    @tec0 - I never said what was in the papsak...mmmm

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast