Thread: Barcode Scanner or Webcam Application?

Thanks

Barcode Scanner or Webcam Application?

Hiya everyone

I am looking for ways to help my staff to process Identification documentation faster. I had a look at some Webcam applications but they are doggy to use and the setup is slow. I donít know if Barcode Scanners can read the identification barcode in your ID book? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Thanks
    What kind of barcode reader did you try? A barcode reader definitely can read a barcode in your ID book. But you must choose a right barcode reader to read. There are different kinds of barcode readers, like qr code barcode reader, code 39 barcode reader, etc. If you use a qr code reader to read code 39, of course it would not read correctly.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Smoky (09-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Most barcodes scanners can read multiple types of barcodes. Some barcode types scan much better than other. I used EAN-13 barcodes (the one they use in retail stores) for a system that scanned boxes with barcode stickers on them. Boxes are packed and then ran threw a trolley and was scanned by a motorola scanner. I tried a few other barcode types before settling on that one, but they were missing a few boxes.

According to this document http://www.sabarcodes.co.za/1/post/2...l-barcode.html it looks like it uses EAN-13 method for your id number and thus the barcode as-well.

I have a Motorola Symbol Handheld Scanner at work, the same they use in spars and petrol station shops. I can test it 2morrow with my ID and see how it works if you want.

Do you need software developed for this?
    EARN UP TO 50c PER MINUTE FROM YOUR BUSINESS LANDLINE
    Monetize your business landline! Visit www.itbserved.paytel.co.za to find out more!

OR Need a Free Fax2Email number! Get it here www.itbserved.faxmachine.co.za!

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (30-Jan-14)

Thanks
    Tested scanning my ID with the handheld scanner at work and everything was fine.
    EARN UP TO 50c PER MINUTE FROM YOUR BUSINESS LANDLINE
    Monetize your business landline! Visit www.itbserved.paytel.co.za to find out more!

OR Need a Free Fax2Email number! Get it here www.itbserved.faxmachine.co.za!