Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Question ......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I hear u Adrian, but things have changed, well certainly with us tho.
    But on the same note We have had a guy WALK 10 km for a job interview, I kid u not. That is a person that really wants to work and it cost him nothing.
    ...and did he get the job?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It did cost him a lot of time and he got to the interview tired and smelling of sweat.

What I am saying is that the reason that people don't pitch for interviews is not necessarily because they don't want to work. They are probably dealing with multiple agencies who are sending them all over.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    ...and did he get the job?
    Yes he did Mike. The company were extremely impressed with his attitude
    Every now and again we have one like this that comes around. But we have a lot more of the guys with the attitude that think the world owes them, and unfortunately I have to admit it, but it is normally the young white guys between the ages of 22 and 28 !

What I am saying is that the reason that people don't pitch for interviews is not necessarily because they don't want to work. They are probably dealing with multiple agencies who are sending them all over.
    YES, but a phone call saying that they are not going would be great or just tell our consultant at the initial interview stage.
    But Adrian it is like any business, you pick up a trend and sometimes know that things are going to happen.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe before doing a physical interview at the company, the initial interview by the company should be telephonically.
    An exchange of a few words, would immediately tell both the interviewer and the interviewee if they would be suitable for a face to face meeting.

When I first started my business, l found y first meetings with potential clients was a fact finding mission, and within the first 2 minutes I would know if you I was wasting my time. This is the reason I always insist to have a pre-discussion on the phone as to what we can do for each other, then , and only then do we set up a face to face meeting. Saves me a lot of time. I found that I have a far higher strike rate of doing business this way.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Justloadit - agree 1000%

Suspended
    Thanks
    This is also being done. But you will always get the ones that will cause a few problems for you I suppose.
    We have a VERY thorough selection process from telephonic to placement, sometimes I think too thorough, but we produce quality at the end of the day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    But we have a lot more of the guys with the attitude that think the world owes them, and unfortunately I have to admit it, but it is normally the young white guys between the ages of 22 and 28 !
    Can it be that you need those CVs otherwise your employer will go somewhere else? Truth is you need your applicants just as much as they need you otherwise guess what? Without them you don't have a business. So show some respect man? Without those CV's you have no service to offer your clients and your client will go to someone else.

As Adrian said someone else could have phoned them first for an interview.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Once again I do not really know what you are talking about. I don't need CV's of people that don't want to work.
    The unemployment rate is very high in SA, therefore we have an abundance of people looking for jobs !
    But whatever tec ...... I am not interested in arguing with you everytime.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why I get upset is you push Propaganda

But we have a lot more of the guys with the attitude that think the world owes them, and unfortunately I have to admit it, but it is normally the young white guys between the ages of 22 and 28 !
    Now you use words like these to play the employer. See you create thought or a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. Thus hoping the employer will use your services because only you know best. Only YOU can find them the employee that is worthy.

I have seen you abusing this platform for a while now. And it is working for you. You have gathered a lot of support.

And that is why I go

People have the right to makeup there own minds.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    My question to anyone out there that can shed light on this is WHY is it the unemployed seem to give more hassles ??
    There's probably a very good reason why they are unemployed in the first place...
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

11. Thanks given for this post:

HR Solutions (30-Aug-13)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast