Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Website or facebook

Suspended
    Thanks
    It's exactly the same ! We offer a service ! We source the right people for the right application. Believe me we don't just mix and match - our clients pay for a proper service of sourcing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You are reading in the context of your specific business, you have an office in Jhb and an office in CT, if I am an electrician in Durban, putting my services in FB does not mean that I can service anyone out of my region. IN the same note, I may get 50 inquiries in CT, Jhb, Harare, Maputo and Luxenburg. I have to spend time in reading,the inquiry, it takes valuable time, even if rejecting it by not responding. What if a user gets pissed off because I never responded? Places a nasty message on my FB page.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For the localised business that only services a particular location, the trick is to include locality in your messaging. This applies whether it's your website, Facebook, or any other kind of promotion that might end up before a wider audience than you cover.

Yes, you will still get some requests from outside of your service area, but including locality in your messaging will massively reduce the volume of these "non-productive" enquiries.

And for the ones you do get, at least they will be hopeful that you might be able to assist, rather than expectant that you can.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Website for sure. Facebook should come later.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    That is an interesting point. With a website you can allocate images and information and it stays there. I have been running a facebook page and found that even though I have a pricing structure with in an album, people still phone and ask me for prices, so I have to send a link to the album with the prices.

I see hetzner has sent me an email informing me I have to upgrade my webpage. Maybe it is time to make it look pretty and add some more info. Had the website for a couple of years, never had a lead from it to date. I do get a lot of people asking for work.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ians,
    As an Electrical Contractor I would suggest that you upload yourself to various contractor sites. Here is the websites I use, the listing for Contractors is free of charge unless you want more exposure than just a listing.
    http://www.fixshack.co.za/
    http://www.buildersspace.co.za/

Thanks
    Interesting idea there...that explains those sites like Angieslist. Testimonials are sooo important..Personally I think both are needed which is why I say so below.

Here a few examples of testimonials on websites.

Review Sites
    Those sites like Angieslist are a goldmine because they are the neighbor online. Definitely a look into for any company because they help you show neighbors that your company is popular locally.

Your Own Page
    Testimonials on your own page are another great idea because they help you showcase success from using your product or service. The trick is to make them stand out with colorful text so people will notice it. They should pop and not be hidden in the background. You can find examples anywhere online and from even massive corporations too.

Social Media Pages
    I know this thread discussed facebook or websites but both really are the best for any company. I wouldn't only be on Facebook, but LinkedIn too for my social media.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Social media is for talking and communication; PR mainly. Website is for serious advertising and marketing. Product and company information is very important for decision makers. One may even have a link where people can ask for quotes, buy or place orders on-line.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There are too many likers and tooo little potential buyers on facebook, some one has already mentioned it and i would agree after a couple of years of trial and error. You mingle on facebook then you attach a link to your website. You will get sales on facebook but not that many unless your facebook is open to the public and you have thousands of followers.

I have found forums work well , but once you sold the product to everyone on forum sales go dead with the odd sale hare and there.

So lessons learnt learnt to date.

Spend a "little" time making or sourcing a product, then mingle on social media, facebook, forums,etc and make sure you play nicely with people, this is very important. Setup a simple easy to access website with links all over social media to your website. 2 key elements PRICE and pretty pictures, a video is sometimes a good idea for bored housewife or person at work looking keep busy at work ,people are not interested in reading pages of product info and whatever you do dont bling your website with useless garbage. If you want to bore people product info put it after all the pics and pricing on the second page or last page the only time people are interested in the technical stuff when they they want to screw you.

Something i have found really works to attract women and even some men is to add a "cute" kid or dog cat etc,
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Just so we are on the same page, i am talking product sales not services, that is something i will be looking at expanding in the future, but for now i have products i want to start expanding sales. I have another product which seems to be a very popular product by the responses i have seen, but finding it difficult to move the stuff, finding the buyers, not likers.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast