Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captcha security out of hand...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Web identification. Yea like your ID will register with a service and just enter a code that will identify you. The idea isn’t new actually... Back in 2006 this system was considered, what would happen you will use your very real information to get a code. Now this Code then becomes part of your browser so basically each site you access will look for your key and authenticate automatically.

Obviously privacy was the main concern and the system was scrapped. However it would have worked... 1 code per person. No person can have more than 1 code and if they did then the law would be broken and they would end up as someone’s “toy” in prison.

Internet privacy would be dead and pear to pear sharing would go the way of the dodo. However I know for a fact that they are reconsidering the system 2010... That said example; England are now at the stage where ALL web access are monitored without a warrant.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    And then, just to toss another flash-bang into the china-shop: http://www.informationweek.com/secur...lert/240159435
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There is something seriously wrong when a company implements security measures that are so absurd or complex that prospective customers simply give up and go elsewhere. I am not going to waste my time trying to guess a captcha ten times in a row to become a member of someting or the other. If they make it difficult for me then they can keep it.

The unfortunate reality is that the MD of the business is probably totally unaware the th IT whizkid thought that he was being very clever when he implemented the system. One of the biggest problems with IT is that many whizkids don't understand the consequences of their actions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12