Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Smoking at work........

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @tec - you keep saying that it is a war between the wealthy and the poor.

No, it is a war between those who create and those who demand. I sure am not wealthy, and I create, my brother is a multi-millionnare and he creates (I am not at war with him, to the contrary, I aspire to be a brother like him), others on the other hand whether they are rich or poor simply demand that they be given a LIFE on a platter because God had the audacity to bring them to life.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So from smoking we are now into HR and discrimination? We are going round and round because we all want to win this debate, regardless of the good or bad arguments raised. Well here is something to think about...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	537153_564098723612310_1618463585_n.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	3499

I also concur with adrian, mediocrity does not result in greatness. Mediocrity breeds zombies that do everything at half pace and sleep on the job. For an example just look at your parliamentarians and any government department.

Businesses that operate like this, does not last long. That is why I prefer to choose who I want to employ and what qualifications and personality traits that person should have. I want to deal with successful people. I want employees who have ambition and want to improve their lives and those of their families and the people around them.

Only if we strive for excellence will we once again make South Africa a great country.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @vanash, @tec0 - you guys made me realize somthing fundamental today...and for that I thank you.

I realized that humanity will fight tooth and nail to be mediocre and to aspire to nothing of consequence. You made me realize that to do battle with humanity in their quest to accomplish this noble goal is,well, not only futile but also rather tiresome.

Today is a wonderful day because I am free to create, to be my own Leonado Da Vinci and to celebrate the fact that I honestly and whole heartedly don't give a rats a$$ about anybody who chooses mediocrity.

...and further, I will hire whom I choose to work with me because I am not willing to work with anybody who feels that that have the God given right to demand the fruits of my labour.

Oh, and lest I forget: I WILL NOT HIRE SMOKERS! .......sue me or suck on that!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My goodness, it really does pay to be patient sometimes. After a lengthy patch of pretty anal mudslinging, we finally get a few pages of... intelligent argument.
    (I prefer intelligent debate personally, but sometimes an argument reveals stuff that debate doesn't).

As things stand, I think we've reached a point where the subject has been well thrashed, the main protaganists have made posts worthy of closing arguments, we've had some very sensible points of order made from the sidelines, and it's now time for the reader to take value where they find it.

For the second time in the history of TFSA, I believe this is the right time to declare - thread closed.

(At least for the next few days. I think we could all do with a breather).

5. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (29-Apr-13), Citizen X (30-Apr-13), flaker (30-Apr-13), IanF (30-Apr-13), KimH (30-Apr-13), Mike C (30-Apr-13)

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031