Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: banking ethics

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't charge VAT for non-main business items/services. I just declare the income.
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangelyaya View Post
    I don't charge VAT for non-main business items/services. I just declare the income.

You might want to read this thread on VAT registration. I regret a sole proprietor registering as a VAT vendor has some unfortunate consequences.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post

You might want to read this thread on VAT registration. I regret a sole proprietor registering as a VAT vendor has some unfortunate consequences.
    Yep, but only my CC is VAT registered, no sole prop here.

Plus, since my auditor nightmare, SARS has audited everything but my dogfood. So, I reckon if the boss is happy, don't wake him.
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

Thanks
    Ians, reading your post where you say you gave them all your personal details, we should turn the tables on these unsolicited call-centre jokers especially the ones that try and sell you a new phone contract; start off by saying that you just want to warn her/him that all calls are being recorded. Then ask them for their ID number, home address, whether the place is owned/rented, employee number. If they haven't put the phone down by this time, verify they are still there and then put your phone on hold and since it will say "your call has been placed on hold - please wait", I'm sure they won't still be there once you get back to them 10mins later....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Didditmiself View Post
    Ians, reading your post where you say you gave them all your personal details, we should turn the tables on these unsolicited call-centre jokers especially the ones that try and sell you a new phone contract; start off by saying that you just want to warn her/him that all calls are being recorded. Then ask them for their ID number, home address, whether the place is owned/rented, employee number. If they haven't put the phone down by this time, verify they are still there and then put your phone on hold and since it will say "your call has been placed on hold - please wait", I'm sure they won't still be there once you get back to them 10mins later....
    Yeah, I like to put them on hold.It infuriates them almost as much as refusing to provide ANY personal info.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The question is how do know the person contacting you is actually from the bank you applied on line for the account. I believe they should sent an sms with a code which the call centre person would have to give you before you start rattling off your details.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    While filling out all the info online, i requested the limited be reduced to the min., did you know that the cheque account can be zero, but when i requested a zero limit on the credit card I was told there is a min. limit of R1000.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    The question is how do know the person contacting you is actually from the bank you applied on line for the account. I believe they should sent an sms with a code which the call centre person would have to give you before you start rattling off your details.
    So what makes you think that the sent SMS was orginated by the bank?
    Anyone can use a bulk SMS system, and in fact all the money I won from these SMS in these competitions I have never entered originated from a Bulk SMS platform.

You never know.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangelyaya View Post
    Yep, but only my CC is VAT registered, no sole prop here.
    Delighted to hear that

For a moment you had me a little concerned there

10. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (28-Feb-13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123