Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cANCer

Thanks

Irony !

Johannesburg - The ANC called on former Limpopo MEC Miriam Sekgabutla on Wednesday not to participate in party structures after she was arrested on fraud charges.

"It is the expectation of the ANC members that Comrade Miriam will be guided by her conscience to do the right thing," said African National Congress spokesperson Jackson Mthembu.
    Rest of the news24 article
    Did our president do this when he was been charged? I can't remember.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Miriam is not part of the extended family, so there is no position for her. Conscience? What conscience...?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While this story deals in the main with something I'm becoming increasingly concerned about (increasingly intrusive government strangulation of the private sector), this observation is relevant to the discussion here.

The culture of entitlement is also seen in the fact that whilst five million people in South Africa are paying taxes, 15 million receive the benefit of some social grant. You do the math. This situation is unsustainable and pretty soon we too will be facing our own fiscal cliff.

At the same time, and unlike the US, there is a twist in the South African scenario: it is these takers who are the ruling party’s voting bloc. As such the ANC would not want to change the current system since any reduction of these benefits would result in the ANC losing at the polls. Whilst the ANC benefits from this system, South Africa does not and with each passing day economic catastrophe beckons.

from The Real Challenge facing South Africa

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Whilst I agree there are 5million people registered and paying tax on their earnings, what we forget about is that the government is collecting taxes from unregistered tax payers through a number of mediums in which the registered tax payers also participate, it is VAT, company profit/dividend tax and punitive taxes on alcohol, tobacco, import taxes, fuel levy taxes etc.

The very ones receiving the grants are returning more than a half they receive back to the government coffers in these punitive taxes, but who cares, as long as the government is seen as helping these benefits, they will continue to be in power. Remember that the ones receiving the benefits ultimately spend it to live, so effectively the circle continues to turn.

What I do agree is that the government interference in private business will ultimately cause the destruction. If the government continued as it is now, and removed the red tape, and such things as BEE, LRA, unions, etc, they would be better off, as the economy would indeed upswing increasing the amount of finance available for enriching themselves further and even being able to throw bones with some meat on it to the electorate who would so eager to receive the bones that they would continue voting for he current government.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

5. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (29-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    While this story deals in the main with something I'm becoming increasingly concerned about (increasingly intrusive government strangulation of the private sector), this observation is relevant to the discussion here.
    It is indeed sad that a government that has so much to say about job creation, makes it so hard for an entrepreneur to start a business. The red tape is unbelievable and if you are not black enough, you will get no assistance. As an example; the NEF will not fund any business that is not 100% black.

The fact that you will be creating direct and indirect employment plus transferring skills to educate (black) people means nothing. Even the export opportunities and the replacement of imports and the effect (however small) it may have on the South African economy means nothing. So how do you help people that do not want to be helped?

Thanks
    You can't help them Blurock, because like most things with this cANCerous government, their judgement is skewed. Take for example the E Toll saga. The head of Sanral says that it will alleviate the problem of congestion. How? Will people sell their cars and travel by taxi? By diverting vehicles to side roads and destroying the suburban roads is how. Banning (the sale of) alcohol on Sundays is another one of several examples of skewed logic that we've seen since they came into power. The consumers will just buy the stuff on Saturdays. Those are two topics that would make interesting discussions (if they haven't already been thrashed out on TFSA and I missed them.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The ANC has a direct interest in the implementation of E-toll. That is why only ANC councillors vote for it and all the other parties vote against it. It has nothing to do with traffic control or transport, if it was, our traffic officers would have been much more efficient and effective in law enforcement and traffic control. No, it is all about generating revenue for the ANC and the foreign company who sold the idea to them.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Didditmiself (31-Mar-13)

Thanks
    My new concern is the way the cANCer is using security and defence forces for their cronies EG, Marikana to protect the interests of people like Cyril and now CAR where it appears they are using the army to protect cANCer crony businesses interests (read: pillage).

That would be equivalent to if COPE declared a coup and China sent troops in to prop up their illegal government all the while raping and pillaging our resources.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    My new concern is the way the cANCer is using security and defence forces for their cronies EG, Marikana to protect the interests of people like Cyril and now CAR where it appears they are using the army to protect cANCer crony businesses interests (read: pillage).

That would be equivalent to if COPE declared a coup and China sent troops in to prop up their illegal government all the while raping and pillaging our resources.
    The real scandal is that a once great army, at a time rated as the best on the continent has deteriorated to such an extent. There is no leadership or discipline and everything is dilapidated and falling apart. Our 24 Gripens,acquired at great cost and scandal is being stored under covers in hangars, because there is no-one to maintain or fly them. Apparently we have only 6 trained fighter pilots.
    Our Navy is almost non existent and I doubt if we have an operational submarine. So much for the Billions spent on the (corrupt) arms deal, "because we need it to defend South Africa".

To add to our shame, our elite parabats get shot up by drunken 15 & 16 year olds. It is a disgrace that politicians can use poorly trained, ill equipped troops as gun fodder to further their own interests.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (03-Apr-13)

Thanks
    All I can say is God help us if we should be invaded by another country. Our ragtag aids infested "army" will have neither the strength nor the experience to defend South Africa; I wonder if the other countries up north have taken note of how truly weak our 'Defence Force' actually seem to be and will therefore take the opportunity to attack SA to see what they can get out of us by doing it. Or am I just being paranoid for nothing?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast