I have 3 shops.
1)One doing nicely with good growth.
2)One - because of earlier staff problems - I only open 1 1/2 days a week and shows a small profit
3) Was my first shop. Slowly going down hill ever since I stopped working there fill time.
1 we are leaving as is. 3 costs by far the most to run in staff and rent and is now making a loss. I opened 2 because I drove past here weekly and thought why not,I had staff but after stealing took it over myself and now just operate it a 2 afternoons and one morning - but makes a little profit - I still have a year lease and taking into account probably spent around 30K on shop fitting. Walking away will be hard, but shop three is just going down the tubes.
1) Close shop 2 - work in shop 3 full time. I save on quite a few expenses, but I am sure I could get some of the business from shop 2 - but all that effort/cost of setting up will go to waste
2) Same but sell shop 2: Getting some ready cash but lose out on some sales.
3) Hire a staff member for shop 2 again....maybe on limited hours it could work, but staff stealing is just rife - and it will only make a small profit, is it worth it? Then if it dosn't work it's going to be quite hard to "move" as I'll be working full time.
4) I could convince myself that it's a bad part of a bad year and stick my head in the ground and leave things as is.
5) Writing this down has made it easier! It's all about what to do with shop 2. Sell it, close it or staff it.