Thread: life expectancy of led lamps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

life expectancy of led lamps

i have been installing lots of led lamps...and of course as with any installation things fail...especially lamps.

what happens if a lamp pops within the 6 month of installation? (according to the CPA)

because led lamps are suppose to last longer than the normal lamps...this was the first thing the customer pointed out to me...when i took the lamps back to the supplier...the fisrt thing they asked was...does the installation have surge protection...and lucky for me on this particular installation it has everything from surge protection to phase failure to line unblance you name it...so they dont have a leg to stand on.

so just a word of warning...if you decide to spend R80+ on led lamps...or R300+ for led flood lights...consider fitting surge protection...or ask the supplier what the requirements are if the lamp pops within the 50 000hrs (which if used for 10 hours per day should last more than 10 years) because they dont last that long...and the reason they dont last anywhere near that long...as indicated by the supplier...SA has a "dirty power"

another tip...i always write the date on electrical equipment...be it lamps...day/night switches...e/l units...because sometimes the equipment is already 8 months old at the date of purchase...learnt my lesson the hard way with this one.

2. Thank given for this post:

mikilianis (30-Jul-12), wynn (30-Jul-12)