Without my knowledge at the time, a friend of mine who works at a local conference centre / lodge, and which bears the name "Kingfisher" in its name, forwarded a copy of my picture below to her GM. (You can see my other pictures in my thread "Neville's Pic of the Day").

Apparently, when the GM saw the picture, she got very excited and called my friend to her office, asking who the photographer was, and waxing lyrical about the picture. She said that she was going to show the picture to her marketing manager with a view to using the picture, with my permission, in some of their promotional material.

When my friend told me about this, I was naturally quite chuffed about the fact that someone liked my picture.

As an aside, my friend also told the GM that I was a Pastel consultant (they use Pastel) and she got excited about that as well!

I am by no means a professional photographer (in fact, I am very much still in the early learning stages of amateur photographer), but I can also see a business opportunity in this, even if it is a one-off case.

My question is: How should I deal with this case? I am clueless when it comes to selling photos, and what the going rates are, etc. My friend tells me that they have a dam on the premises with regular sightings of giant kingfishers and fish eagles, so possibly even better photos could be taken of them at their premises.