Im in the process of creating a discussion forum very much like this one and have just started experementing with the creation of an Ecomm store essentially what i want is to get the forum live and start generating interest and a good solid community obviously the content will solely based on the product and industry which i am attempting to tap into, then at a later stage i would like to incorporate that forum into a fully functional ecommerce store. I have absolutely no experience with this im creating both the forum and the store using open source php software and have come quite a long way id like to think.
What id like to know from you guys, the experts, is do you think this idea is a bit too over ambitious? If i might add i work full time and this will operate as a side project, my earnings by no means could cover a substantial stock file so i intend to operate on a kind of dropship prinicipal and slowly build a stock profile. Ive gathered that my site will be the turnkey and traffric generation is paramount for success and so recently oblivious ive come across terms such as adwords, adsense, wordpress, affiliates, SEO, meta tags etc etc and feeling a little overwhelmed.
Look forward to your input guys!!!