Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed - computer - tel lines - voip

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    @Kevin. Not a bad decision. You are just going to get upset when the maintenance issues start, in about a year from now!
    What maintenance issues ?? Cant be more than the voip current system ?

Thanks
    Yes, you're right, your current system also sound maintenance intensive. With PABX you should have less problems, but when you do, call out charges is heavy, unless you take out a maintenance contract, which add up very quickly as well. PABX is notorious for dead extensions and cards that blow(power surge). Those cards is very expensive.

But I am not trying to tell you it was the wrong decision. If you cannot DIY a VOIP system,(separate from your network), you made the right choice!

Dave, around hear we do not hear much about VOX. Sounds like they trying to get dealers going and do not want to give too much info. I will research a bit and tell you what I think when done. At first glance, I will not touch.
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have a look at Mweb Business MTALK PBX

VBX offer complete communication solutions for businesses that wish to combine the features of sophisticated PBX solutions with the simplicity and affordability of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies.

Based on open source technology, VBX PBX solutions provide more functionality and flexibility than traditional PBX systems, as well as substantial call cost savings thanks to least-cost routing through MWEB’s MTALK Webcall products.

The Support agreement that is required for the PBX solution will give you:

* 24 / 7 Remote support
    * Swap out of faulty hardware
    * Peace of mind
    This sounds good and I think an inquiry is in order

Who should use it?

* Single Business - Standalone businesses and networked branch and head offices in small and midsize organisations that need a complete solution for telephony, messaging, networking, conferencing, customer management and unified communications.

* Multi-Office Businesses; Inter-branch calls and conference calls from PBX extensions are free, and the cell phone and international calls significantly less than Telkom calls.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    I don't know anyone in your area, as I'm in KZN however, I have VoIP from VOX TELECOM in addition to a Telkom line for my business (you need the Telkom line to be on the internet to have VoIP). I agree with earlier posts to not get rid of your server and SA internet is so darn slow that the cloud is not a good option at the moment.

Vox are in Centurion but you may like to give them a call as I found them EXCELLENT in terms of service and follow up on even a small problem.

5. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (24-Feb-12)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hackergal View Post
    I don't know anyone in your area, as I'm in KZN however, I have VoIP from VOX TELECOM in addition to a Telkom line for my business (you need the Telkom line to be on the internet to have VoIP). I agree with earlier posts to not get rid of your server and SA internet is so darn slow that the cloud is not a good option at the moment.

Vox are in Centurion but you may like to give them a call as I found them EXCELLENT in terms of service and follow up on even a small problem.
    Thanks gal ......... I def will do that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123