Quote Originally Posted by BillH View Post
After three or four sparkies on the same problem, with no progress other than outwardly through my bank account, I am amazed at just how incapable these guys have been at even reasonably logical (scientific) fault finding. This is very worrying as it does not say much for the quality of training. They all tell stories about how many times they have been blown off their ladders (equally worrying) but anything beyond basic wiring up of a new installation appears to be beyond them.
and what is even more scary is when you work on industrial sites where these so called qualified sparkies work...in close proximity...i get nervous...and when you get called out to repair something they break while working..then tell the customer that it must be something i did...well then i just dont play nicely anymore...in fact the last incident...i had set up a meeting with the site engineers and the other company owner...the owner went to site an hour before the meeting and realised that it was in fact his electricians fault...and in fact it was a 5 pin plug and not a 4 pin plug...he was too embarressed to attend the meeting...instead rather got someone else to call and apologise...but here is the joke he is still the prefered contractor on site...regardless of the fact that his staff have been sited for numerous safety violation...need i say more...